Topknot's Functional Spear. Close Up Video Out In The Sun. 03/03/2013

A few new pictures. You can see the whole thing starting to come together.
The first one is the concept for the tip.
001-13.jpg

014-12.jpg

013-13.jpg

015-7.jpg

012-11.jpg

021-4.jpg

I got all four panels done on one end of the spear body today. I feel pretty good about it.
The first photo looking straight down the body you can see the two side that have been
grooved out to except the spring loaded blades.
001-14.jpg

002-18.jpg

004-15.jpg

Oh man that thing is sweet! Best functioning spear I've seen yet. Will the whole thing be powered by a single battery?

Brian

Not much to show tonight. Built this little platform so when I am motoring it in and out it doesn't
slam into things on the workbench. The second photo is of the forward limit switch. As you can see
I made a couple of attempts. Electric motors tend to drift a short distance after being turned off
so I had to play a little.
001_zps9940aef6.jpg

002_zpsaa203aef.jpg

Hey Brian, it looks like it will be 3-9volts in series.

Are you using Lipo batteries? If so, I may be able to help you out with at least one brand new one. I fly RC helicopters and received one as a gift that wont work with anything I fly. I would love to see it go to a good home and be put to use in something that is waaaaaaay more cool than a heli. Let me know...

Brian

All right I finally have something kind of fun to see. This is the video test of the 2 limit switches. I am waiting to place
the end tubes until right towards the end as they are time consuming to cable up. I already know that aspect works well.
So let me know what ya'll think. Thanks for looking and encouraging.
http://th_001_zps4bdee9c6.jpg

Wow dude just wow, you got some very detailed feet, and a amazing bladed gauntlet and now one hell of spear going towards your costume. Wow great job

Jeff,
you have it going on my friend-- blows my concept away-- Mine will be cool but yours has set the bar!!! Love the addition of the extra blades. Its a bitch to pack all this stuff in there isnt it??

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back