Topknot"s Gauntlet Done. Video Link Added 11/10/11 On First Page. Did I Mention It Has 4 Blades And

AlphaTech686

073.jpg
024-3.jpg
024-4.jpg
023-2.jpg
071-1.jpg
053-3.jpg
058.jpg

The chain is made of nylon so it does not add much weight. It has become a little heavy just because of everything packed in it. It weighs 6 pounds. When it is clamped on it fits snugly and feels pretty good.

man! this has been a long time coming! it's always nice o get updates from you.
I'm still totally in love with those blades. you really need to mold them and sell me some! :)

Thanks all. I'm still monkeying around fabricating points of attachment for the housing. It is a pain. I just got done building a face plate to cover the opening for the blades on the front of the housing. I couldn't really sculpt that part as the exact blade position was impossible to figure during the sculpting process. I'll get a couple more progress photos up this weekend.

this looks so awesome,all the little details.It looks like a movie piece (y) are the blades made out of metal or resin cast?

Actually the blades are made of Lexan which is pretty tough. This thing could push real blades but what would be the point. It weighs enough as it is. Thanks for the comments. It is getting very close to completion.

Ok, I was out of town for 10 days but I finally got the blades painted today. Sometime this week I WILL have a video up of this thing done and in action.

Are most of the little details hand crafted? Or are they parts from various items? (like models etc) i am loving the detail work there sir!

Hey Ofak, I used parts from model ships. The scale is to tiny the pieces are hard to figure what they are from. I guess if you build model ships you would know. I figuring people who like pred stuff probably don't build model ships.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back