Top Gun Stein

SurferGeek

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
OK, anyone got any good caps of the "Top Gun" stein? Doesn't seem like it will be too hard to replicate other than the top... Did it appear to anyone else that it was a F-18?

that what was an F-18?
the logo on the one side was a skull with a knife between the teeth, with the BSG patch design on the other side.....
the top was a regular stein top, infact, it was just a regular stein...lol....

Originally posted by UFO@Feb 3 2006, 11:04 PM
that what was an F-18?
the logo on the one side was a skull with a knife between the teeth, with the BSG patch design on the other side.....
the top was a regular stein top, infact, it was just a regular stein...lol....
[snapback]1175647[/snapback]​

Uhm... No... The top was not a regular top, there was a aircraft of some flavor. Seemed to be a F-18. Watch it again. Anyone with a cap?

Stein.

BSG_scar_stein07.jpg

BSG_scar_stein08.jpg

You can't quite read the scroll, perhaps it's the names of those pilots who earned the stein the past.

BSG_scar_stein01.jpg

BSG_scar_stein02.jpg

BSG_scar_stein03.jpg

BSG_scar_stein04.jpg

BSG_scar_stein06.jpg

Actually there are a number of intriguing props in this ep... first there's the photo of the mystery girlfriend whose name nobody can remember

BSG_scar_mysterygirlfriend.jpg

And what's this... a MAGAZINE?. :confused

It may be that "the world is over and the war is just begun", but the new issues of "NYMPH" just keep comin' out regardless. :rolleyes

Note the cut corners. But TELL me that's not a publicity pic of Tricia Helfer on the cover. :lol

BSG_scar_nymphmag.jpg

Karl the Kap King..

Thanks man... Agree on the scroll of names. Unless this shows up again you could put almost anything on there and get away with it. ;)

Is it just me, or did they have new flight helmets this time? I never noticed the chin lights and extra detailing before.

BSG-scar-helmet01.jpg

BSG-scar-helmet04.jpg

BSG-scar-helmet02.jpg

BSG-scar-helmet05.jpg

Compared with the "old" helmet (these grabs are from the miniseries)

BSG03-helmetcomp.jpg

i stand corrected.
good eye on that...i was looking at the side graphics i guess, and my mind filled in the rest....

Blooper: despite the fact that Starbuck and Kat are both flying Mark VII Vipers, the stock footage launch tube sequence shows a Mark II. :$

BSG_scar_Viper2launchstock.jpg

And is anybody else tired of that gimmick of opening shot followed by "93 hours earlier" or whatever... :rolleyes

It was cute the first couple of times...

- K

To me it kinda looks like the new Viper except for the litte tail thingy on the end. Still probally a normal Stein.

~Bobby

BSG_scar_stein07.jpg

That sure looks like a match to me. This has to be a new record, only a few hours from air date to prop ID, with source and avialibility.

:thumbsup

Originally posted by CMANavy@Feb 4 2006, 08:16 AM
That sure looks like a match to me.  This has to be a new record, only a few hours from air date to prop ID, with source and avialibility.

:thumbsup
[snapback]1175706[/snapback]​

Damn, beat me to it,

They have it here to:
Stein

Also, here are some close-ups of the aircraft choices.
closeups

Originally posted by phase pistol@Feb 4 2006, 02:32 AM
And is anybody else tired of that gimmick of opening shot followed by "93 hours earlier" or whatever... :rolleyes
[snapback]1175687[/snapback]​

Yes. Was going to post the same thing myself.

While you're capping...check out the shot immediately after the launch tube. The big rock in the foreground that's only there for 5 frames or so.

Before I say why, I wanna see if you see what I do. ;)

Originally posted by phase pistol@Feb 4 2006, 06:35 AM
And what's this... a MAGAZINE?. :confused

It may be that "the world is over and the war is just begun", but the new issues of "NYMPH" just keep comin' out regardless.  :rolleyes

Note the cut corners. But TELL me that's not a publicity pic of Tricia Helfer on the cover. :lol

BSG_scar_nymphmag.jpg

[snapback]1175661[/snapback]​

The NYMPH magazine belonged to one of the pilot's that died. It was in his possessions when they cleaned out his bunk. It was a "new" magazine to Hot Dog but I didn't see it as a newly printed mag.
The cover image does seem to be Tricia Hefler.
Looks like this publicity pic:
http://static.flickr.com/18/23213565_1a2aed0372.jpg

Originally posted by Treadwell@Feb 4 2006, 03:28 AM
While you're capping...check out the shot immediately after the launch tube. The big rock in the foreground that's only there for 5 frames or so.
[snapback]1175709[/snapback]​

What, this one?

BSG_scar_rocks.jpg

Whoops.... looks like it isn't Tricia at all. :$

BSG_scar_NymphMagazineCover.jpg

Hey - the corners are NOT cut in that shot. But in the pic I posted earlier, the corner IS cut...

BSG_scar_nymphmag.jpg

- k

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back