Top Gun: Maverick

JiminSTLouis

Sr Member
I’m proud to have worked on the F/A-18E/F program for over 20 years! Seeing them perform as they did on the big screen gave me chills, even though I saw them fly every day.

9C597D3B-F143-47AE-A3E4-110132FEF320.jpeg

Last edited:

JoMamma_Smurf

Master Member
My brother and I took Dad to see Maverick for fathers day. Dad loved it and this was my second viewing. It was even better than the first time. The theater was packed and everyone clapped and cheered at the end. One of the best theater experiences of my life. Top 5 for sure.

asalaw

Sr Member
As of this past weekend, TG: M has grossed just over $1B worldwide (without China). This thing is a runaway monster! I’m betting it catches up to Spiderman: No Way Home before it’s done ($1.9B worldwide).
EDIT— I knew it. Had to be. Paramount just announced that 16% of viewers have seen the film twice in theaters, 4% four times or more.

When you see legs like this on a movie, you know they’re getting repeat business. I’ve seen it twice with my wife.

Spyhunter2k

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Best movie theater experience of my life.

I wasn't prepared for how much it would impact me to realize that I am much closer in age as, and so more closely identify with, the older characters (Maverick, Penny, Iceman, etc.)–reaching a stage of life where you're not exactly "old," but old enough to have experienced disappointment, loss, failure, unexpected illness. Old enought to look at 20-30-somethings like they're just kids.

The action sequences were as exciting as I've ever seen, largely influenced I'm sure by the extent to which practical effects were used instead of CGI.

For any that have sworn off going to a theater to see a new movie anymore, I would reconsider for this one.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.