Top Gun: Maverick

Mr Webber

Master Member
Just saw Tom Cruise on TV here confirm filming starts at the end of the year. loved the original. POWER TO THE DANGER ZONE

Val Kilmer has mentioned before that he was going to be a part of it. I know he has a lot of difficulty talking now from a swollen tongue, so hopefully that heals up and he can still be in it. Poor guy doesn't sound like himself these days. :(

It's....too late. Top Gun was OF the 80s. A different time. It's hard to see how this can really work. Really trying to thread the needle with this.

I agree, just can't see the same film style being used again today. That movie influenced my older brother to enlist in the Navy. Lol.

Oh, and I don't think Tom actually said it will happen. Here is his quote regarding the film:
“If I can figure it out, if all of us can figure it out, it’d be fun to do, I’d like to fly those jets again, but we got to do all the jets practical, no CGI on the jets,” he said to Extra. “I’m saying right now no CGI on the jets. If we can figure all that out, and the Department of Defense will allow us to do it, that would be fun.”

Cruise confirmed it live in studio on Australian TV this morning, jeeeeeeeez lighten up. The no fun police are a crack unit.

Not saying it couldn't be fun...just unlikely. Also, how can you take what he said at face value, when he is quoted basically saying if he can fly a fighter jet, he'll do the film on the same day?

No need to take the highway to the danger zone on this. No one is writing a check that their body can't cash. You can still be my wingman.

I agree, just can't see the same film style being used again today. That movie influenced my older brother to enlist in the Navy. Lol.

Oh, and I don't think Tom actually said it will happen. Here is his quote regarding the film:
“If I can figure it out, if all of us can figure it out, it’d be fun to do, I’d like to fly those jets again, but we got to do all the jets practical, no CGI on the jets,” he said to Extra. “I’m saying right now no CGI on the jets. If we can figure all that out, and the Department of Defense will allow us to do it, that would be fun.”

Well if they are going to go with F35c's for the movie, the U.S. needs all of the good press on them they can get because of the massive cost overruns. They still aren't as cool as F-14s though!

I'd also hope they would be more realistic and none of the crap in the last movie that would get anyone's wings taken away. I also don't want to see a F-5 unless it's in training. No more Mig-28s!

Its not Lord of the Rings, whats to screw up?
Jet planes, fast cars and Rock and Roll Baby.

Yeah, that Mig thing really bothered me back in the day too:rolleyes

Don't worry about the Migs, I'm sure there are a few 29s waiting to be rented. As for the DDoD considering how well the first movie did for recruitment that is a no-brainer.

That and court-martialed.

I saw it when it came out and laughed at how unrealistic it was and so did every other Pilot i knew that was on active duty! :lol

I'd also hope they would be more realistic and none of the crap in the last movie that would get anyone's wings taken away.!

As long as they don't screw it up, I'm in. And if they do screw up just this much, theyll be flying a cargo plane full of rubber dog **** out of Hong Kong!

Maybe I got a little excited, there is a chance it could open with Maverick imprisoned in a North Korean re education facility..........Even Kenny Loggin`s could`nt fix that.

Youve lost that loving feeling Jedi-72 and quite frankly it takes my breath away... ey ey eyy
Do fighter planes these days even still dogfight? I mean with all kinds of medium-range missiles, isn't it just a matter of whose radar locks on first?
I know the F-4 Phantom didn't have an onboard cannon because of that very reasoning, and it was a bad decision, but the tech has come a long way since then.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back