Top Five Favorite Films Ever???

aeonpulse

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
It's never an easy question to answer. No specific genres, no specific order, I'm just curious of people's top five movies. Not necessarily the top five best movies you've ever seen, but the top five you enjoy watching the most, your favorites. And if possible, try to limit the list to one film per director. Currently, my top five are (mind you, in no specific order)...

John Carpenter's "The Thing"
"Aliens"
"Blade Runner"
"The Empire Strikes Back"
"Brazil"

Last edited:
1. Star Wars
2. Empire Stikes Back
3 Raiders of the Lost Ark
4. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
5. Gladiator

Once Upon a Time in the West (Sergio Leone)

The Empire Strikes Back (Irvin Kershner)

The Aviator (Martin Scorsese)

Inglorious Basterds (Quentin Tarantino)

American Graffiti (George Lucas)

I actually have a list of my top 20 favorite movies. But these are the five that I "enjoy watching" the most, I'd say.

My "favourite" films can vary with my mood however if I had to narrow it down to five it would be these:

-Star Trek II
-Aliens
-The Terminator
-Robocop
-Batman (1966)

These are films that I can pop in at any time and watch from start to finish despite having seen them hundreds of times (and possibly over a thousand in the case of ST:II), knowing exactly what comes next, and still be thoroughly entertained. :thumbsup

Kevin

1. Star Wars (ANH, ESB, ROTJ).
2. Raiders of the Lost Ark.
3. Casablanca.
4. King Kong (1933).
5. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

John Carpenter's "The Thing"
James Cameron's "Aliens"
Ridley Scott's "Blade Runner"
Irvin Kershner's "The Empire Strikes Back"
Kinji Fukasaku's "Battle Royale"

You're putting film-by credits on movies that don't have them. It's bad enough when movies actually have them.

You're putting film-by credits on movies that don't have them. It's bad enough when movies actually have them.

I'm not at all being sarcastic here, but I'm lost. What exactly are you referring to? Did i goof?

The reason I listed the directors of my favorite movies was solely so that I could be sure that I didn't list two favorite films that were directed by the same director, that's all.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back