Top 10 Movie Props of all Time

Psab keel

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I came across this while surfing YouTube. It's a bit long but I thought you all would enjoy it.

What are your favorite movie props and why?

Psab

It seemed a bit generalized in each pic. They did not focus on ONE specific prop for some of them.

It's not just a lightsaber that is iconic. It's the original Graflex Luke held for example.

Watched the video...

No Maltese Falcon on the list.

No Ark of the Covenant on the list.

But the plastic bag from “American Beauty” makes the list?

Evidently, I need to pick up a stack of plain, white, plastic bags from my grocery store and announce a “Limited Run” of production accurate “Plastic Bag Props” that are accurate to the film. The demand should be pretty high.

;) :)

Last edited:
Watched the video...

No Maltese Falcon on the list.

No Ark of the Covenant on the list.

But the plastic bag from “American Beauty” makes the list?

Evidently, I need to pick up a stack of plain, white, plastic bags from my grocery store and announce a “Limited Run” of production accurate “Plastic Bag Props” that are accurate to the film. The demand should be pretty high.

;) :)

And....done!

“American Beauty” Plastic Bag Replica

I was just stoked to see that props were given their due, if not necessarily Cinefix's picks.

Too often this part of filmmaking is overlooked by the general public but to people like us it's everything.

What are your favorite movie props and why?

Psab

I have a couple of favorite props.

1. John Hammond’s cane from “Jurassic Park.”

It is my favorite because it’s an iconic item from one of my all time favorite films, and I have very fond memories of it being the first film I went to with only a group of friends and no parents. I was a 14 year old kid and my mom purchased us all tickets for opening night and got us there and picked us up. When a couple friends and I were talking about it, a few girls that we were fairly fond of asked if we were going and said they wanted to come, so we ended up with several females at the showing with us, which was a pleasant surprise.

2. Wilson from “Cast Away.”

It’s such a simple prop that became so much more in that story. On a recent set of viewings I finally decided I’d get myself one, and about a week later a great example was available in the Junk Yard here, so I snagged him. He arrived a few days ago, and I’ll be making some sort of display this coming week.

Sure, there are more that I enjoy, more that I would love to own, but those two are far and away my two favorites.

Your favorite props are probably closely related to your favorite movies.
Here are mine:
- HAL 9000 (2001: A Space Odyssey) One could argue that HAL is 90% of the movie
- R2-D2 (Star Wars) Although not nearly my favorite movie, you can't argue about the impact this series had. Largely built on the aesthetics of "2001", it adds a new layer for which the droids, and in particular R2-D2, are essential.
- the Flux Capacitor (Back to the Future) ... unless you opt for the whole DeLorean...

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back