Tony Stark's Black Sabbath T-Shirt

Gunner590337

I know it's not really a major costume thing, but I've been scouring the web to find the Black Sabbath T-Shirt Tony Stark is wearing in The Avenger's teaser that was released. Does anyone have any clues where to find it?

av1.jpg

anyone know which vendor to order from on ebay, etc that I an get the Vintage style shirt and not the gildan type shirt? YOu know the type that's already got that comfy worn in feel, more form fitting, etc. I hate gildan style shirts.....

Hey all.

I am also looking for this shirt on ebay!

Do you know the exact original (The Avengers) color of this shirt.

I think it's brown (or black-brown). I see many ebay users selling the black
version wich it's not original(as seen on the movie)

Any clues?

cheers!!

I got one of them from ebay and was skeptical about the color, too, but it's really not that bad. With some washes and maybe a bit of sunbleaching it'd be great. The product photo has had the colors bumped up. It is the new stiff t-shirt feel, though. I have been wearing mine as my sleep shirt because I tend to wear the hell out of those and they end up really soft and worn rather quickly.
wingsturtlestonyprogress034.jpg

I am afraid my picture won't help much, my apartment is all direct sunlight all day, so everything looks drowned out. The printing is much more orange-brown than this picture shows. That is some black satin on the side next to the shirt for a color comparison.

DamnItSasha you just made our choice easier. I am glad that I am not the only one, who is wondering about the t-shirt color in the movie. Is the cotton quality good?

After looking again the Gunner590337 photo on his post I conclude that the color is black but the room's lighting is making it look like black-brown or washed-brown

I think yours is very close to the movie shirt.Can you PM me the ebayer name?

Thankx for your help

PS your sunbleaching idea was fantastic. I'll try it when I get mine!!

It's one of those thicker cotton shirts, like any con shirt you get. Not low quality, but not as nice as a woot.com shirt.
And the sunbleaching is super easy in my sunny apartment. It's also super fast if you just leave your shirt on the dashboard of your car each day. Make sure to turn it over and get different angles each day or else you'll end up with an uneven fading.

YO! Everyone's heads up! I just found this shirt brand new for 20 dollars at...wait for it...
Hottopic.com

They are selling this shirt!

That has been covered, before. The issue with this replica shirts is, mainly, the artwork being too big and/or being placed too low with off colors. If accuracy isn't an issue, then these shirts are a dime-a-docen, everywhere.

That has been covered, before. The issue with this replica shirts is, mainly, the artwork being too big and/or being placed too low with off colors. If accuracy isn't an issue, then these shirts are a dime-a-docen, everywhere.

Oh, ok. I didn't really check that out. :facepalm I just noticed that the design is the same and the colors are the same.:rolleyes

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back