Tony Stark Arc Reactor Question

Sundowner

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Maybe it’s the Infinity War coming up but the Iron Man bug has bitten hard. I’m looking to purchase a “Proof that Tony Stark Has a Heart” reactor to display in my desk. I see that eBay has a ton of them and I was curious if anyone has experience with them. I like that some come as a DIY which sounds like a fun build but I’m just wondering if it’s worth dropping $90 on the kit and stand. I was wondering about the quality. I did a lot of searching on The RPF and didn’t find much on them. Thanks in advance!

As per usual it's always good to err on the side of caution with eBay. Is there a specific kit you had in mind that has photos of other people building it? If the seller has a good rep you're probably okay.

As per usual it's always good to err on the side of caution with eBay. Is there a specific kit you had in mind that has photos of other people building it? If the seller has a good rep you're probably okay.

Thanks for the response! It looks like quite a few vendors are selling the same kit and stand. The positive reviews aren’t much help due to their limited word count. The thing that bugs me is that I haven’t seen these kits/finished builds pop up on The RPF.

A bit late to the conversation here but I was doing my own research when stumbling upon this. I have a couple ebay replicas and can tell you they are of pretty great quality. Keep in mind they are worth exactly what you put into them. They have versions that are acrylic or metal. Metal of course is nice but it requires some searching. A good paint job and some shopping around for little greebles is all thats needed to make this look great. Remember it was built in a cave so it can look pretty rough.

been looking at these ebay arc reactors lately, have you got any pics of the one you have? do they look as good as they do in the pics?

Just got one today from a member on here!

IMG_20181103_171212_046.jpg

I'd love a classic arc reactor kit... Maybe I should google it.... Like I need more projects lol
Can anyone direct me to a good vendor/produ6for thus one? It's going on my birthday list!

Last edited:
Been wanting one of these myself for a LONG time..

Have debated about trying to cut my own parts using my laser cutter.....

I definitely do -not- need electronics as I will be doing my own...

Would be nice if people posted up their kits, and where they got them from. (I'd like to take inventory,.. per se`)

Bumping this because now that it's all over I decided I really need to beef up the MCU part of my collection. Did any of you end up going with the eBay kits? If so, how did they turn out?

Ditto..

I have been wanting an Arc Reactor kit for a while now.. affordable.. but 'good quality'

Wondered about those Ebay kits for a while now as well..

Ditto..

I have been wanting an Arc Reactor kit for a while now.. affordable.. but 'good quality'

Wondered about those Ebay kits for a while now as well..

Yeah, the pics on eBay all look good enough I just worry what I'd end up getting is a bunch of parts that are poorly cut and don't fit together, or just look nothing like what they're supposed to.

Screenshot_20190428-134442_Wish.jpg

This is one of many that can be found on WISH.
If this is an inappropriate post, then please delete and accept my apologies in advance...

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back