Tonfa style lightsaber

SurferGeek

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Saw this on cruising the web last week... anyone ever done a Tonfa (Police baton) style hilt?

v12719tonfa_lightsaberd219.jpg

Seems a bit pointless, nothing can cut through a lightsaber blade but loads of stuff can cut the handle. This just gives you more handle to hit in a position wher if you go through it you lose an arm!

Ok, let's just pretend for a bit that these aren't REAL... ;)

There are plenty of impractical weapons in SciFi/Fantasy that just plain look cool.

Last edited:
Pretty cool. Too bad you couldnt do the normal flail strike without cutting yourself in two! It may be a bit more "practical" if the blade was shorter...

Nonetheless a cool-looking saber. Now when will they have the kama saber?!?

Yea not even close to the safety and practical uses of Maul's double blade saber, that one was not dangerous at all for the user....Funny an argument on the practical use of such an un-reaslistic weapon.
REGARDLESS I like it. the advantage it has is if you wanted to use it in a non-lethal way you could use them, effectively, without turning them on.
I guess I will have to add them to the long list of sabers to make/buy someday. :)

Hello, I know I'm late to this party but, you guys DO realize that the lightsabers hilt can be made out of various types of material that can't be cut by a lightsaber blade. Count Dueku for example made his lightsaber out of a metal that cannot be cut. Or like the wood on a Wookie Jedis lightsaber. This type of lightsaber may seem impractical, but it takes a difderen't type of style, usually defence, but with enough training you could make a great offense. You guys can't see the versitality this type of lightsaber offers, but it is there nonetheless.

I'm sure the OP knows this by now but yes, it has been done, by more than one person and they have been sold online.

Yea not even close to the safety and practical uses of Maul's double blade saber, that one was not dangerous at all for the user

I sure hope you were being sarcastic because any double-bladed lightsaber-staff is EXTREMELY dangerous to the user. It would be so easy to hit one of the blades hard enough to knock it up against the wielder's body with plenty of force to kill said wielder... and that's just one of several ways it would be more dangerous to wield than a regular lightsaber

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back