Boba Debt

Master Member
I going to build a couple versions of the Hera CQR

• A clone of the Mark III SBR used in Tomorrow War
  • A 308 SBR version of the Grey Ghost versionfeatured in Warface
  • Possibly and original Hera CQR

This is the basic rifle that was used in the movie

HERA CQR 000.jpg

The overall look of the rifle is correct but I’m not sure about specific parts used such as the Front Hand Guard / Quad Rail, etc

While looking for info on this rifle I discovered this version which I like a lot and may eventually go with

HERA CQR 001.jpg

I doubt it is acurate but I love it

One of 2 versions used in Tomorrow War

However, if you have info about the version used in the movie please post below

Tomorrow War Screen Cap 002.jpg

Last edited:
Before I made a major investment in this project I decided to buy the basic parts so I could mount them on one of my spare receiver sets to get a feel for the economics of this rifle

I like it for the most part but like others have said access to the safety in hindered by the angle of the grip so you have to work it more like an AK rather then and AR

Here is my test build, now that I know I like it, I'll start to order the parts for my 308 and Mark III versions

Test Hera 001.jpg

Last edited:
I'm following, just don't have anything to add that I didn't say in the gun thread! I want to find a rifle with those grips to see if I like it. It looks cool though. Is this going to be a firing rifle? It looks like the barrel shroud is too short without it being a SBR.

The 3D rendered gun is based on a Grey Ghost Precision 556 Receiver set

The test gun I built has a Davidson Defense Side Charger Upper and an Anderson Lower, but it was just what I had laying around

When I build my 308, I will use a combination of a Juggernaut Tactical Lower and Grey Ghost Precision Upper

I will use all the correct parts for the Tomorrow War version

Last edited:
I could not locate a Gen 2 Hera 7” IRS Quad Rail which IMO really add to the look of this rifle

Here is a comparison of the Gen 2 and 3

Hera IRIS Gen 2-3.jpg

Even though I could not find a Gen 2 AR-15 rail I did find a 12” 308 Rail so I did some table saw surgery

HERA CQR 006.jpg

Here is the Gen 3 rail body with the Gen 2 side rail temporarily attached with double face tape

HERA CQR 007.jpg

Once I have the Grey Ghost Upper, I will be able to mod the back end of the rails to match the upper details and then I will permanently attach them with JB weld and 2 blind rivets

HERA CQR 008.jpg

Don't know if you have instagram Boba, but Xtreme Props, who did the guns for the film posted some pics.

Hope this helps. I enjoyed the film quite a bit. I'm planning an airsoft build, but I have lots of freelance stuff to do first.

Attachments

• IMG_9805.jpg
    IMG_9805.jpg
    861.9 KB · Views: 115
Don't know if you have instagram Boba, but Xtreme Props, who did the guns for the film posted some pics.

Hope this helps. I enjoyed the film quite a bit. I'm planning an airsoft build, but I have lots of freelance stuff to do first.

ASG makes an airsoft model, it might be easier to start with that one

Plus if you don't use the IRS hand gaurd that comes on it I would pay you handsomly for it :)

Minor setback today

I received the Grey Ghost 556 and 308 upper

I mated the 556 GG upper with the Juggernaut Tactical lower and none of the machined details lined up at all

HERA CQR 011.jpg

However, the GG upper does line up good with a regular Anderson Lower

HERA CQR 010.jpg

So I have decided that I'll build a Tomorrow War Mark IV 300 Blackout using the BCM Parts with the Hera Furniture

BCM_CQR_TomorrowWar.jpg

And a Grey Ghost SBR in 308 using a modified JT lower

I’ll probably use the 556 JT lower for a 300 Blackout pistol

I’m doing a gun show next week so I should be able to unload some of the extra parts I accumulated for this project

Last edited:
Man if you fired that MKIII around any people they are going to kick your *ss! :lol: You might as well go for a SMG with that short of a barrel.

Let me tell you something about BCM Hand Guards

If you have installed one, I know your pain

If you have not installed one

Never

Ever

UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE

ATTEMPT IT!!!!!!

BCM CQR 001.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back