Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights

Update: I just did a bit of detective work. The weaver knob was already loose and it didn't hinder the cylinder. While I was looking at the gun up close I heard something rattling inside it! Well, lo and behold, there was a loose screw inside the grip area:

IMG_1330.JPG

So I dismantled the grip and took out the loose screw.

IMG_1334.JPG

It looks like it's part number 36, the Ejector Rod Block Screw. In fact I belive that the part number 35, the Ejector Rod Block, is moving in a funny way inside the chamber:

Can someone confirm that this is not how it's supposed to move? I believe that, the block being loose, it won't block the cylinder properly in place, thus impeding its rotation.

I don't have the tools to unscrew the barrel, I'll get them tomorrow and try to disassemble the gun to reach the Rod Block. I belive it won't be easy, I have to disassemble the hammer... Question is, generally speaking, how do I remove the pins?

Update: I just did a bit of detective work. The weaver knob was already loose and it didn't hinder the cylinder. While I was looking at the gun up close I heard something rattling inside it! Well, lo and behold, there was a loose screw inside the grip area:

View attachment 1058478

So I dismantled the grip and took out the loose screw.

View attachment 1058480

It looks like it's part number 36, the Ejector Rod Block Screw. In fact I belive that the part number 35, the Ejector Rod Block, is moving in a funny way inside the chamber:

Can someone confirm that this is not how it's supposed to move? I believe that, the block being loose, it won't block the cylinder properly in place, thus impeding its rotation.

I don't have the tools to unscrew the barrel, I'll get them tomorrow and try to disassemble the gun to reach the Rod Block. I belive it won't be easy, I have to disassemble the hammer... Question is, generally speaking, how do I remove the pins?

With a drift pin

Hi all I’m considering buying either the 2019 or 2049 version of the Tomenosuke blaster from Hollywood collectables group, but I’m struggling to tell the difference between the two, I know one is a little more expensive and comes with a rubber stunt but just talking about the base blasters themselves.

HCG have confirmed some minor updates to parts for the 2019 version as outlined on the product page, but they also mentioned the finish is different too, but didn’t have any other details.

Anyone know if the finish on the top/barrel is different on the two?

I’ve read in this thread that done had issues with the 2049 grips not being flush, world I be safe assuming that if I got the 2049 version I wouldn’t get this bad batch of grips ?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi all I’m considering buying either the 2019 or 2049 version of the Tomenosuke blaster from Hollywood collectables group, but I’m struggling to tell the difference between the two, I know one is a little more expensive and comes with a rubber stunt but just talking about the base blasters themselves.

HCG have confirmed some minor updates to parts for the 2019 version as outlined on the product page, but they also mentioned the finish is different too, but didn’t have any other details.

Anyone know if the finish on the top/barrel is different on the two?

I’ve read in this thread that done had issues with the 2049 grips not being flush, world I be safe assuming that if I got the 2049 version I wouldn’t get this bad batch of grips ?

I know one is a little more expensive and comes with a rubber stunt but just talking about the base blasters themselves

Thanks
I’d go for the 2019. I bought the 2049 and the finish was matte black. I don’t quite understand why, since it was clearly not matte black in the movie. I stripped the finish and blues the pieces to make it look like 2019.

I’d go for the 2019. I bought the 2049 and the finish was matte black. I don’t quite understand why, since it was clearly not matte black in the movie. I stripped the finish and blues the pieces to make it look like 2019.
Thanks for the reply. Have you seen the 2019 in person? It’s so hard to tell the difference in finish by the pictures

There are several very minor changes toward accuracy in the 2019 edition, most of which you won’t even notice when you handle the piece, such as making the amber grips 0.5mm wider to achieve an accurate replica of the screen used gun. Every new edition has tweaks toward accuracy so I would say always go for the newest edition if you can afford it (then remember to upgrade the cylinder and barrel and improve the finish to your own personal liking).

here's my small Tomenosuke blaster collection. I been very fortunate to afford these
And thanks to this thread, you guys helped me out with tips and reviews prior to me buying my first Tome blaster

hmfbnRzJ_o.jpg

y6PFHu1D_o.jpg

6rVFNWnu_o.jpg

SxpsbaN1_o.jpg

WhGvQzF5_o.jpg

the barrel in frame arrived broken and magazine frame damaged when I bought this blaster. And when I bought some items from Tome, they sent me a replacement frame and magazine frame.
57nM6yBb_o.jpg

kept Tome shipping box, dont know why but I like it, and also use it to store my Tome pieces
f3B5Dr8i_o.jpg

I recently finished up a Resin Tomenosuke and wasn’t sure where to post it. Hope this is Ok.

I’d love a metal one some day but I can’t justify the price. I saw a resin one at a reasonable price, so after a little paint work, here we are. I wasn’t aiming to replicate a specific blaster, I was just aiming for a very tarnished and hopefully realistic metal finish. The gorgeous stand is the work of a seller on Etsy.

FB22855E-A071-433F-A665-818FDC667CA7.jpeg

Attachments

• 24BE6836-C766-406B-83A2-BB0BA04585D0.jpeg
    24BE6836-C766-406B-83A2-BB0BA04585D0.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 100
  • D9F8E655-EF0F-41AB-A9D8-20AC3D978601.jpeg
    D9F8E655-EF0F-41AB-A9D8-20AC3D978601.jpeg
    6.5 MB · Views: 109
  • 1FB0A3D5-C1AD-4D53-AC89-BB90F47E47E7.jpeg
    1FB0A3D5-C1AD-4D53-AC89-BB90F47E47E7.jpeg
    6.6 MB · Views: 102
  • 673FD0AA-4F27-451F-A657-3B521BC1B8E1.jpeg
    673FD0AA-4F27-451F-A657-3B521BC1B8E1.jpeg
    7.6 MB · Views: 113
  • 3EB9F8D5-99D0-4D04-A9AB-9B4A46225DAF.jpeg
    3EB9F8D5-99D0-4D04-A9AB-9B4A46225DAF.jpeg
    7 MB · Views: 96
  • 37EBC6D3-45D1-4019-913B-4AE46837721A.jpeg
    37EBC6D3-45D1-4019-913B-4AE46837721A.jpeg
    7.4 MB · Views: 85
I recently finished up a Resin Tomenosuke and wasn’t sure where to post it. Hope this is Ok.

I’d love a metal one some day but I can’t justify the price. I saw a resin one at a reasonable price, so after a little paint work, here we are. I wasn’t aiming to replicate a specific blaster, I was just aiming for a very tarnished and hopefully realistic metal finish. The gorgeous stand is the work of a seller on Etsy.

View attachment 1294686

Top work, congratulations!
High regards,
MARK

First off, thank you to everyone above! I appreciate your kind words very much!

That metallic finish is first rate, well done! What did you use?

Thank you! My process for that finish was Black Duplicolor primer, 2K clear, Alumaluster, 2K clear to seal, and then it was weathered with acrylic and oil paints. You can achieve similar results with other metallic paints on the market though such as Spaz Stix or Alclad.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back