Tomenosuke BR blaster versions- What are the differences?

DARTH SABER

Master Member
Thinking of picking up one of these soon.
Not sure if I should get the Blaster-Pro or the 2024 version.

What are the differences??
Which do you prefer?

Thanks.

Last edited:
The only accurate one is BLADE RUNNER BLASTER TOMENOSUKE HCG EXCLUSIVE EDITION 1/150. There is one on Ebay for $1,080.00 which is a great price. There is another but it is way overpriced.

This one is the only one with an accurate finish having the barrel blued. It is built to be an AFB version and then you leave it or mod it to look like his blaster during production.

The real blaster today looks nothing like it did for filming. I have pics of it from before filming began and you can google it of course.

So if you want to start off with it finished right that's the one.

The other great one was the very first one which came with a similar nice blue finish but not as good as the HCG exclusive and it had the wrong color grips commonly called the "rootbeer" grips. You will also find them on later models as guys bought later models, switched the grips and re-sold them to unsuspecting people.

The rest of the models,,,,,, Let me just say all the models are awesome and all pretty much the same except for the finish. There are minute details they brag about fixing but I owned the first and a later model and could not see any difference. Now I have just the HCG and it's perfect. The later models have inaccurate gun metal finishes including the 2049 and even the more expensive latest version, the "2019" is not nearly as accurate as the HGC.

Okay no hate, just my opinion so nobody get made.

Last edited:
BTW if you want to go crazy (as I plan to) you can add a real steel barrel and cylinder from guys here or on Propsummit and there is a guy who sells removable magazines on Propsummit that light up upon being inserted like the original prop that they planned to use for filming. I plan to get three. One in the gun and two extra. May have to mod the housing it comes with but that will be easy.

Then you (I will) have the ultimate Blade Runner blaster. Get a Phil Schneider holster and you are ready to hunt some replicants.

The only accurate one is BLADE RUNNER BLASTER TOMENOSUKE HCG EXCLUSIVE EDITION 1/150. There is one on Ebay for $1,080.00 which is a great price. There is another but it is way overpriced.

This one is the only one with an accurate finish having the barrel blued. It is built to be an AFB version and then you leave it or mod it to look like his blaster during production.

The real blaster today looks nothing like it did for filming. I have pics of it from before filming began and you can google it of course.

So if you want to start off with it finished right that's the one.

The other great one was the very first one which came with a similar nice blue finish but not as good as the HCG exclusive and it had the wrong color grips commonly called the "rootbeer" grips. You will also find them on later models as guys bought later models, switched the grips and re-sold them to unsuspecting people.

The rest of the models,,,,,, Let me just say all the models are awesome and all pretty much the same except for the finish. There are minute details they brag about fixing but I owned the first and a later model and could not see any difference. Now I have just the HCG and it's perfect. The later models have inaccurate gun metal finishes including the 2049 and even the more expensive latest version, the "2019" is not nearly as accurate as the HGC.

Okay no hate, just my opinion so nobody get made.

Thanks!
I’m assuming HCG exclusive has the functioning barrel and electronics?

Thanks!
I’m assuming HCG exclusive has the functioning barrel and electronics?

I assume you meant cylinder. Yep. Feels like a real revolver when you pull the trigger. And the front trigger is spring loaded which is nice. It does not do anything but it's fun to pull. The mag lights turn on but there is nothing hooked up to the green sight rod lights so they don't light up. Since they supposedly never got them to work on the real prop Tomenosuke never had that as a feature. That is another thing I am going to add to mine along with some lights on my B.R. Back Up Concept Weapon and B.R. Shotgun :)

The mods and add ons/exchanges I am going to do are all well and good but out of the box this is beyond awesome. All the Blade Runner blaster you will ever need and if you get the Phil holster you're going to put it on and walk around the house for a while. I don't even do cosplay but I throw the Blaster on from time to time. I even used to carry a real gun when I worked armed security in college and I still like walking around the house with the B.R. Blaster.

The mods and add ons/exchanges I am going to do are all well and good but out of the box this is beyond awesome. All the Blade Runner blaster you will ever need and if you get the Phil holster you're going to put it on and walk around the house for a while. I don't even do cosplay but I throw the Blaster on from time to time. I even used to carry a real gun when I worked armed security in college and I still like walking around the house with the B.R. Blaster.

Lol, just purchased the HCG. Thanks!

The dude sent me some extra pics.
He said it was new.
Gun seems in excellent condition although I noticed some spots that looks like oil or something.
Might just need to be wiped down.

Outstanding. If I could afford it I would have snagged it. Two is better than one.

BE VERY CAREFUL WHAT YOU USE TO WIPE IT DOWN WITH. I trashed the finish on the first one I had which was that other one with the great finish. The very first version. I even used a special microfiber cloth but it still scratched it so be very careful.

Some of the more qualified experts than I can probably give you some ideas on what to use.

Congrats on the blaster. You are going to love it.

If you want the upgrades or holster and don't know where to look LMK and I can post links.

Welcome to the family. We have been waiting for you.

That sounded way less creepy and stupid in my head.

Outstanding. If I could afford it I would have snagged it. Two is better than one.

BE VERY CAREFUL WHAT YOU USE TO WIPE IT DOWN WITH. I trashed the finish on the first one I had which was that other one with the great finish. The very first version. I even used a special microfiber cloth but it still scratched it so be very careful.

Some of the more qualified experts than I can probably give you some ideas on what to use.

If you want the upgrades or holster and don't know where to look LMK and I can post links.

Thanks!
Will let you know when it arrives.
Ill wipe it down with soft cotton or something. Ill research.

Do you know if these blasters have oil on them?

Im trying to figure out what those wet spots are.

So the HCG EX ES of 150 is considered the best version? I have also wondered which is considered "The best" Blade Runner blaster. There seem to be a plethora of variations.

YES... all Tomeosuke blasters have oil on them. I deal with them daily through my work at HCG and every one I have ever handled had oil. A soft cloth with wipe it off.

Here are some pics I got-

IMG_7732.jpg
IMG_7731.jpg
IMG_7730.jpg

All that in the pics is oil. It's covered in oil and then put in a plastic bag. Pics are a pain these days due to such good resolution it shows everything but makes it look so different. Dust is a real pain in that regard.

All that in the pics is oil. It's covered in oil and then put in a plastic bag. Pics are a pain these days due to such good resolution it shows everything but makes it look so different. Dust is a real pain in that regard.

Thanks for the info.
Should be arriving Monday.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back