Tomenosuke Blaster Pro (Ultimate Evolution) unboxing

i just got mine today. is the rear bolt butt flat matte in color? My receiver is shiny but my bolt butt cap is flat matte.

Hmm…sounds strange. From what I can see, the bolt butt and lever are slightly less shiny, but not by much…and certainly not flat matte black. I’m attaching pics of the Ultimate Evolution next to my old Pro Retail version with the matte receiver and bolt, for comparison.

IMG_0407.jpgIMG_0403.jpgIMG_0406.jpgIMG_0405.jpgIMG_0397.jpg

20161031_151516.jpg

does your weaver / slotted screw go all the way flush to the sife plate? mine only goes in half way.

Last edited:
does your weaver / slotted screw go all the way flush to the sife plate? mine only goes in half way.

Yes, mine does the same (see pic). Doesn't look too bad from the side...but maybe you could trim or sand down the thread somehow to make a more snug fit, if necessary?

IMG_0418.jpg

You're right...there is quite a difference there. Mine is definitely not as glossy as the receiver, but it's not quite that matte...Maybe you can talk to them about a replacement? It's a lot of coin to drop on something that isn't perfect.

IMG_0423.jpg

Thank you, Moviefreak. Personally...I'm very happy with mine. There might be a few tiny bubbles on the paint on the side plates, but it's not something that concerns me and you don't really notice unless you take a macro photo. Overall, it's a wonderful item :D
IMG_0433.jpg

I received mine about a week ago. I'm not a BR blaster expert. But I am very happy with my Ultimate Evolution purchase. However, it's weird to me that the words "Ultimate Evolution" are nowhere on the box or on the included literature. Not sure how I prove this is an "Ultimate Evolution" version down the road if I ever decided to sell it. Also, the blueing dye process... like the other gentleman who posted in another thread, I expected the gun to have a blue-ish sheen. But it's been explained that it doesn't work that way. The shiny finish does have splotchy areas... curious if others have similar finishes on theirs. Also, an enclosed card mentions the silicon oil you have to use to keep the gun moist. No instructions on how to apply this oil or where to find it. Also, it's odd to me that NO instructions are included to help you figure out how to correctly attach the battery. Or no mention of why you get an extra screw. Of course these things were explained earlier in another thread. The blaster, is, over all, awesome and I'm very glad I bought it! The weight, the detail, how the replica now closely matches the photos of the hero prop. (Though I wonder why the black stripe running down the side of the grip doesn't come to a curved end at the grip bottom like the screen used one did?) Love to read other comments as your blasters arrive. Alan

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back