Tomenosuke Blaster - 2019 “Retailer Edition”

22373206-8F56-4528-AF27-84447C9C6A71.jpeg

So, this just showed up in the mail. It’s simply stunning. Now the question I have to ask myself is whether or not to weather it. Any suggestions?

If I were you I would leave it be. It's such a gorgeous piece as is. But it's up you and I know people love the weathered beat up look!

Congrats on the purchase! : )
I don’t think I want to go all the way to beat up, but I feel like some of the bits should have more of a worn down metal look to them. And maybe a bit of a dusting.

i got mine a couple months ago and almost immediately wanted it to be personalized so I went all out and modded the hell outta it, i just got an original weaver scope to put the knob on mine and also finished putting an original binding post on it last week. theres something about working on it that makes it feel more special to me. This is my 2 cents

i got mine a couple months ago and almost immediately wanted it to be personalized so I went all out and modded the hell outta it, i just got an original weaver scope to put the knob on mine and also finished putting an original binding post on it last week. theres something about working on it that makes it feel more special to me. This is my 2 cents
Wow that sounds so cool!!! How about sharing some pics??? What you did sounds amazing!!

Right off the bat I want to credit Slothfurnace for inspiring me to modify my blaster, his build guide was very useful in helping me make decisions for my own blaster. When I first got my PKD I wanted to try to make it screen accurate but as I went along I started leaning towards making it my own, personalizing it to how id like it to look if I were a blade runner (this came about when I was blueing my steel barrel and accidentally made it too dark but decided I liked it better). Overall I changed the resin barrel for a steel barrel, roughed up the Styer bolt and added some gaffers tape on the internals to stiffen everything up so it wouldn't rattle, replaced the lighter amber grips for darker amber grips, and chemically darkened the base plate. I plan on replacing the resin cylinder with an original one once I get access to a lathe and/or mill, and replacing the the binding post for a darkened brass one (I like the way it looked on Slothfurnace's build). My main goal was to personalize it and make it feel as close to a real gun as possible by tightening tolerances and reducing rattle and wiggle where I could. I also ordered custom foam of a pelican case I had as i liked the portability of it. Iv included some pictures, feedback is much appreciated!

View attachment 1561188View attachment 1561189View attachment 1561190View attachment 1561191View attachment 1561192
View attachment 1561193
If anyone has any questions about parts I used and wants links I'm happy to provide.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back