Tomenosuke Blade Runner 2049 blaster build

Finished prepping all the parts. Wet-sanded with 800, 1000, and 2000 grit followed by 00 steel wool.

I hadn’t ever used steel wool before, but I am a believer! The near-mirror finish it brought out is amazing!

Cleaned with acetone and rinsed with warm water.

Next up will be painting and blueing!

Sean

View attachment 1431721
Hey what are you doing in my kitchen??? same counter, sink, floor, leave the blaster and the Cibi Whisky glass when you go, thanks. :)

Last edited:
Thanks! Yeah, still on the workbench! Been working a few small side projects, but will be getting back to it soon (yes, I know I keep saying that, but I will!).

Sean
I just got my kit and was curious about how you were going about bluing yours. Seems everyone does it a bit different. Look forward to the update!

Believe it or not, I'm actually getting back to my Tomenosuke build!

As I'm prepping for blueing, I'm noticing some marks in the metal parts. Does anyone know if the blueing will cover these up or just make them more pronounced? If the latter, any advice on how to fix them?

Sean

1688666493936.jpeg

Believe it or not, I'm actually getting back to my Tomenosuke build!

As I'm prepping for blueing, I'm noticing some marks in the metal parts. Does anyone know if the blueing will cover these up or just make them more pronounced? If the latter, any advice on how to fix them?

Sean

View attachment 1716581
It'll make it a bit less noticeable but I would just polish it off first. It's made of cast zinc so it should be easy to get off. Plus polishing makes the blue hold a lot better so you want to do it anyway.

I went back over the entire kit and was a bit surprised at all the blemishes I missed on the first pass…

So I’ve spent the week carefully going over each part, identifying additional defects, and sanding/polishing them. Pretty happy with the state of the raw parts right now, and hope to get to bluing things this weekend!

Also, really enjoying the gun mat I picked up from Rylo at FanExpo Denver a few weeks ago! Gives me a nice space to work on the parts, while also providing some great reference on on the blaster!

And while I’ve done quite a bit of research on the bluing process, I certainly welcome any tips/suggestions/hints from the collective here, so feel free to post ’em up! Thanks!

Sean

IMG_2337.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back