Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

TridCloudwalker

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Despite getting the kit over a year ago, I've only had time to finally sit down and put it together last month, and to be honest, I was a little intimidated. This is my absolute holy grail kit; the one I've wanted since the beginning. I didn't want to screw it up, and wanted to have a very solid plan of attack before I started, so I researched for months. Despite all the research, the majority of it was still done by the seat of my pants, so there was a lot of going back and redoing things. The supplied instructions are TERRIBLE, and omit a lot of information, especially about the order some parts need to go together. But I've built flat box furniture without instructions, so I soldiered on and worked it out on my own! This isn't a very terribly entertaining video, but it is chock full of information and step by step processes I haven't seen explained in other build videos/threads out there. I hope this helps at least someone with their future build.

Here's the link to the video:

And here are some photos of the completed Detective Special:

Attachments

• 20200124_212851.jpg
    20200124_212851.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 59
  • 20200124_212915.jpg
    20200124_212915.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 58
  • 20200124_212945.jpg
    20200124_212945.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 59
  • 20200124_213006.jpg
    20200124_213006.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 56
  • 20200124_213032.jpg
    20200124_213032.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 53
Last edited:

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

gromenawer

It´s the first time i´ve seen the whole process of assembling the blaster and it is more difficult than i thought despite the supplied instructions . I can not imagine the titanic work of those who got the beautiful but extremely difficult to assemble, how i read in this forum, Coyle blaster.

Congratulations, great work !

TridCloudwalker

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
It´s the first time i´ve seen the whole process of assembling the blaster and it is more difficult than i thought despite the supplied instructions .

Heh, and remember that there was 5 hours of additional footage I cut out of me staring at the instruction booklet for minutes at a time, disassembling, reassembling, disassembling again over and over, shutting off the camera for an hour and rewatching other videos for the umpteenth time. It's a bear to figure out. HOWEVER, once you do it, it's simple. I could throw another (prepped) one together in a couple hours or less.