Tom Cruise Shirt from Oblivion

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
A kinda small thing, but I snagged this today and dig it, especially since you CAN actually (barely) see it in the film.

tom-cruise-jack-shirt-oblivion.jpg

Very cool piece. But I can't help but think if Tom had any problems with bottom of that shirt. For a piece of wardrobe that you barely see, why add a strap to make sure it doesn't move? It definitely makes the piece more interesting.

Very cool piece. But I can't help but think if Tom had any problems with bottom of that shirt. For a piece of wardrobe that you barely see, why add a strap to make sure it doesn't move? It definitely makes the piece more interesting.

There is one scene (trying to find it in the movie) where you see his jacket come up and his shirt if shown (he is really arching his back). My guess is, it was made so when things like that happened, you saw shirt and not bare skin.

Exactly. William Shatners shirts from Star Trek III and IV all had one of these on it...or most of them did. Just keeps you looking cooler in the film and not showing your man-gut!

Great screenmatch!!! :cool

Yup. Completely custom from Bill Hargate.

If the fact that it is custom made is that ONLY reason you can think why I would pick this up... I think you are being a bit short-sighted on this. ;)

Is this custom then? Thats the only reason I can figure you bought it.

And thats the only place you see it in the movie? Tucked under the jacket?

Bill Hargates stuff is amazing. Thats why it reminded me of Red Planet, also done by him.

Yes...the other reason you picked it up is your a scientologist! :cheers

Cool shirt, Art!

Though I've watched the film 5 times, I haven't looked closely at his undershirt in these scenes, but I will next time. The scenes I'm wondering about are the ones where he's at the cabin wearing the plaid shirt. If memory serves, isn't the plaid shirt unbuttoned, and if so, wouldn't this undershirt be evident then?

Also, I feel like there's at least one scene where he's wearing the jacket unzipped, but maybe not.

Art, do you think there is any chance that someone might replicate these shirts for the masses?

Thanks and again, great acquisition!

Michael

A kinda small thing, but I snagged this today and dig it, especially since you CAN actually (barely) see it in the film.

Hey Art,

I own a few things from this film, including a couple of these shirts. They are very cool... I was recently doing some screen grabs and to let you know you clearly see this shirt at the beginning of the film.

tom-cruise-oblivion-screen-worn-screenshot_003.jpg

tom-cruise-oblivion-screen-worn-screenshot_005.jpg

Last edited:
Haha, I just found out about it myself today, when I'm looking for screen reference for my pistol build. It is indeed a black hero shirt seen in the scene.

Here's my enhanced screencap.
Oblivion%20screencap%20smart%20shirt.jpg

That's a shame you let it go (although I'm sure it was financially worth it) Oblivion is a stunningly beautiful movie. Every single shot looks like it came right off a concept sketch and I love the contrast between the clinical looking technology and hostile surface of the planet.

I didn't do too bad on it and I would have never let it go if I thought I could get more original pieces, but to me, this doesn't display well on its own and I needed some $$$ for pieces I will hopefully be showing off later today!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back