Tom’s ROTJ Vader MOM saber!

Tom I’m sorry to high Jack this thread. I am ironically 39 ft away from a bed bath and beyond

I remember guys using salt and pepper shakers for 3 cell tubes in the past and I think they would get them from bed bath beyond

Am I mistaken? If not and I am right about the shakers, any chance anyone has a item number or name for them? I’ll go next door right now and ask if they have any I want to pick one up for my dv6 build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, when I got wind of them a few years ago they were as untraceable as those old ball catches or Snape's cinnabar beads

I've gutted and re-worked this saber, check out this thread
ESB Bladed Stunt Graflex Lightsaber "The Core!"

Since this basically WAS a luke ESB Stunt saber, I think I've linked one from ESB to ROTJ. It has a metal upper socket and the core beneath it.

I also tore a part a couple microswitches - things that look like our mystery box.

IMG_0497.jpeg
IMG_0498.jpeg
IMG_0499.jpeg

Observation 1: You get a plate (Barbican saber) and a box (ROTJ Saber) and the box looks like it has a seam line, but is really all one piece! All held together with little brass pins, like a Denix Mauser, that you have to tap out

Observation 2: they're pretty cool inside and yield a lot of cool parts

Observation 3: The holes in the side and the lack of holes straight through it mean it's the wrong type of component. But we're close.

Just an observation regarding the original control box. If you look at the base where it is mounted to the saber you can see two notches. Window roller carriages share similar notches at the base to allow different positions of the rollers. Perhaps that could be another avenue to explore?

here is one at a not so killer price. Might be worth getting just to see how the size compares to what we have now. This way at least we'll know if its worth looking further in to it.

Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 1.35.32 AM.png

Though it looks the same I don’t think the actual part is this

These fittings are used a lot to redirect break lines, like if the master cylinder is on the drivers side. This block would be used to get a line up and over to the passenger side

Abs, rear end hangers can all use this “brake line box”

I’ve never see screws in a brake line box like the ones on the dv6

And you wouldn’t be able to use any random off the shelf screw since brake line hose (most of the time) is NPT which makes sourcing a screw like that harder.. I don’t even know if a screw like that exists :(

I could be completely wrong, but I’ve been in the automotive field since I was little and never seen a box like the dv6 on any applications I know

I've been doing a bit on my DV MoM saber. I think it was Halliwax that said, that ******* box could be anything! Still makes me laugh thinking about that sentence.

Anyway, i've been looking through pics of old switches and breakers etc.. and came across this and it got me thinking - could the DV activation box be part of the white 'circuit breaker' greeblie on Solo's belt? Maybe if we find the one, we find the other?

Capture.JPG

that's a very good possibility

The closest matches I've found to the material are RAF electronics, hands down, but no component that comes close

I don’t know if I’ve said this here. But I distinctly remember a member hear knowing the man who built this, and asked him

His exact words were he grabbed that out of his tool box

He himself didn’t know what it was, but it was broken and he kept it in his tool box

I know I read this here somewhere

I don’t know if I’ve said this here. But I distinctly remember a member hear knowing the man who built this, and asked him

His exact words were he grabbed that out of his tool box

He himself didn’t know what it was, but it was broken and he kept it in his tool box

I know I read this here somewhere
Right so that b*****d box could be anything! [emoji12]

Doing some more research here... is this a Graflex without bunny ears or the ANH Stunt with black bolts like the ROTJ Pipe?!
duel.jpg

Oh man, that's an odd one. I would've thought it's the pipe stunt but I see what looks like the thin-knurl red button

I don't have too many ESB bts images but here's some that appear to be this same saber?
Screen Shot 2019-12-20 at 11.56.18 PM.png
BiggerBespinRehearsal.jpg

Considering this is the only pic that we can definitely say is the ANH stunt.. It's certainly possible they could've added the bolts and we just haven't seen them before!
3b3626f15647614c6ec6a39476fde2a9.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back