Tokyorose First Full Suit Build

That suit looks awesome man, How much bulk does it add? And yeah, definitely going this route with my suit, I like how you can add physical scarring and whatnot.
Wait, just realized this isn't you pred suit. Whatever it is looks awesome haha.

Thanks for the pics of that suit build. I think I will go down that route as well, have the morph suit already and a room full of upholstery foam. Had a good tip today from someone..

Put a layer very thinly of maxwax, you can even use cooking oil on the duct tape dummy before putting on the suit and latexiing. This allows the suit to slide off the dummy more easier a release agent of sorts.

Sean

I ran a post it's good to get something for nothing.. I went to a local foam factory shop looking just for foam to stuff my mask and asked the guy if they had any off cuts. They had a s@@t load of all types of foam ready for the dump and they said help myself. Took the full lot and had to fold down the seats to get it in.. Worth brassing your case...

I'm diggin' that torso dude! Honestly though, at this point I think I'm gonna sculpt/mold/cast my next set of skins. This is definitely something I'm gonna keep in mind though. Sorry about the problems with painting your suit. Best thing to do is take it slow, and do many light coats and layers. I gave up on my deadline because I didn't want to end up with a "rushed" looking paint job. After seeing the rest of your work, I know you can do it. Keep us updated!

Brian

Hey Dude, this has to be the nicest foam build up suit I've seen. It really helps that you are a thin dude, it makes the suit look sleek yet built. Very nice work. Gets me motivated to step it up on my Topknot build. Thanks for sharing. keep the updates coming.

Hey Dude, this has to be the nicest foam build up suit I've seen. It really helps that you are a thin dude, it makes the suit look sleek yet built. Very nice work. Gets me motivated to step it up on my Topknot build. Thanks for sharing. keep the updates coming.

You could use a body paint only, lol your ripped...... Im a spaguetti :)

Hey, thanks everyone. I'm glad you guys like it and hopefully it can be utilized in some of your future builds.

As I mentioned but may not have been noticed by a few; this one isn't for my pred. I wish it was and I'm trying to convince the shop to sell it to me after we're done shooting but I doubt that will happen. I'm really surprised by how effective the whole process was though.

This suit isn't being worn by me, the actor using this one is quite a bit bulkier than I am to begin with, but we needed to make a really hulking creature and I think it will be successful.

Alphatec, Made is right- you could just throw on a mask and call it a day. You are a powerhouse my friend.

As far as foam goes, I wasn't involved with the ordering process. We got it in a roll about 3 inches thick by about 2 feet wide and maybe 10 or 12 feet long. It's great stuff but really, not a whole lot different than the foam cushions I was using on my torso.

Lubricating the duct tape dummy in anyway is definitely a good idea. I cover all of mine in plastic bags/garbage bags and it helps a lot. Great tip though Sean.

We left the Silicone to cure over the weekend, so I'm not sure exactly how much weight it added to the over all suit. There will definitely be a difference but because we took so much time to smooth out the muscles prior to coating, we were able to keep the silicone really thin. I would say the whole torso used just under a gallon kit of Dragon Skin. (So technically 2 gallons- 1 of A and 1 of B) But it's spread out over a big area. The Silicone is only maybe a few mm thick at any given point.

Thanks again everyone, and I'll post more as I can. If you have any questions, feel free to fire away.

damn sorry i missed this i think,.....looks awesome boss !!! ,....i like how you show all the progression ,...and it feels better to know we all have **** happen during the process that needs fixed,.... nice work man !!

Thanks for the info. Brandon. This is really helpful. I am planning to do the same kind of thing when I get to that point in my build. I am already starting to brush up on muscle anatomy. I want a skin that will fit me right and the only way I can think of to accomplish such on a limited time/money budget is to layer up so to speak on a stretchy skin tight base over a DTD. I have considered using thinner sheets of foam and building up rather than thick pieces and shaving them down because open cell foam is such a pain to shape well and make it smooth but the roto-sander is definitely worth a try. I love working with foam...I just love it and this has given me something new to try. I think you made a wise decision to not rush your build to meet a deadline and I agree with Brian that based on what we have seen of your work it will turn out awesome as a result.

Steve

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back