Tokyo Comic Con 2019

yuumi2891103

Master Member
Here are some pics at Tokyo Comic Con 2019.

Commemorative photo before departure

M3ULtd2.jpg

qJ2Rx13.jpg

59zNuEu.jpg

kLruZrb.jpg

nx1M7pq.jpg

PDwYtHQ.jpg

At the booth of 'Terminator'

N8Nhlzn.jpg

dIgU7F3.jpg

I found this Spanish guy in the Star Wars booth.
He IS the Rev.9.

n7KjUDr.jpg

09cFowM.jpg

c26wfmz.jpg

KOdbL9c.jpg

zg7aXH0.jpg

LhVlna7.jpg

5Y4Z3VX.jpg

The bulletin board behind us indicates that, 'This facility is now under high security and special alert condition' .
We brought one M-72 LAW rocket launcher, one M-870 Sawed Off shotgun, one Springfield Armory 45 Automatic pistol and a couple of hand grenades.
We had the security check at gate and the guard ask us to give up the soft drinks of ours.
'You can't bring your own drinks inside. Please buy at the concession stand.'
'Oh, Ok'

You see, The Japanese security policy is perfect!
E2Fte7A.jpg

Far more than we expected, a hundred of visitors wanted to take a picture together with us.
My wife and daughter looked so happy for being asked each times. For a certain hours of the day,
my wife and daughter were a heroine of a movie and might be able to forget about their stressful daily work.
And my prop work was fully rewarded.

Thanks for looking!

楽しいそうね!私も行きたなかったけど、たつのからめっちゃ遠い!家族のコスプレは本当に綺麗ね

Sugoi!

So interesting about the weapons policy. It seems similar to that of the UK.

Here in California the Cons typically ban anything that resembles a real weapon, regardless of what it's made from.

The irony is that some of our States are "open carry" States where it's legal to wear actual guns anywhere- anywhere except the local Comic Con, where water pistols, Nerf guns, foam rubber guns, and resin guns, let alone real guns, are banned.

That wall of replica firearms is an example- they wouldn't allow a shop like that and the local Cons I attend. If such a shop was allowed you couldn't buy one of those guns and walk around the Con- they would meet you at the door with it, and you would have to take it directly to your car.

Last edited:
Great pictures! And I'm glad you all had a good time.

Also good to see some of my pilot brothers in attendance. "No shields, all guts!"

Love those photos, the reflection is particularly cool.

For future reference... That LAW looks like it could fit a good few soda cans inside ;)

Sugoi!

So interesting about the weapons policy. It seems similar to that of the UK.

Here in California the Cons typically ban anything that resembles a real weapon, regardless of what it's made from.

The irony is that some of our States are "open carry" States where it's legal to wear actual guns anywhere- anywhere except the local Comic Con, where water pistols, Nerf guns, foam rubber guns, and resin guns, let alone real guns, are banned.

That wall of replica firearms is an example- they wouldn't allow a shop like that and the local Cons I attend. If such a shop was allowed you couldn't buy one of those guns and walk around the Con- they would meet you at the door with it, and you would have to take it directly to your car.

Hi, Dr. Jones-san,

Thanks for the comment!

Yes, I understand the situation about gun in America.
Carrying a real weapon is nothing about an easy going thing.
Need a extreme care for it's handling. It's the matter of fact.
Instead you have fun of shooting a real gun if you obey the rules.
It's the other style of an free adult nation.

Katsu

Great pictures! And I'm glad you all had a good time.

Also good to see some of my pilot brothers in attendance. "No shields, all guts!"

Thank you, Tom-san!
Your fellow pilots were working seriously.

Katsu

Awesome group costumes!

Looks like it was a blast

Thank you , Analyzer-san.

Love those photos, the reflection is particularly cool.

For future reference... That LAW looks like it could fit a good few soda cans inside ;)

Thank you, Scapey-san,
Ahhh, why didn't we get that idea!?

This year, we had many bigtime guest.
Orlando Bloom, Jude Law , Chris Hemsworth, (Ian Somerhalder, Mark Ruffalo, Rupert Grint and Zachary Levi.

I haven't been to the comic con in USA but I saw some pics and movies in a youtube, it's surely way more huge than ours.
And still ours have a many issues to consider.
The site is too small and lack of space for the visitors to rest.
Many of them had to sit down on the floor by the wall.
The shopping booth is too narrow and congested and there were long lines for waiting.
The administrator should think about how to make the visitors happy and satisfied against its entrance fee.
Maybe it will be better next time.

Well, what the next theme for us?

Katsu

Definitely Dragonball !! You would make for an excellent Muten Roshi Sama :cool:
I would visit any Japanese / US Comic Con if I lived any closer

Thank you for the comment, George-san and GilliGen-san.

To be an another person you adore or love is very interesting and fun to do. Everyone must be love it. Even if it's only in a day. Please convince someone you love to share this fun with you. It needs a little trick but the the fun will be doubled.
Please tell them it's not the fun only for the geek.
This things make you all feel young again.

All the best,

Katsu

Last edited:
Kon'nichiwa ... All three of you look great but I think the lady with the rocket launcher wins haha. As is the case when anyone has a rocket launcher. They win by default. But the best part....’can of soda,no’. ‘Anti-tank weapon sure’. Thank you sir for your post.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back