Todds Costumes - UK shipping

Kylo1

Sr Member
Hi Guys. Does anyone here know if there would be any issues with ordering a Han Solo blaster from Todds Costumes and getting it shipped to the UK?

EDIT: I Googled and noticed the last point. Would this fall under that category?
What will make an imitation firearm unrealistic?

An imitation firearm will not be regarded as realistic if it is:

• transparent or bright red, bright orange, bright yellow, bright green, bright pink, bright purple or bright blue in colour; or
  • less than 38mm high and 70mm long; or
  • a copy of a pre-1870 firearm.
How do you ensure imitation firearms you manufacture, import and sell are not realistic?

It is advisable that the imitation firearm (including children’s toy guns)

• is coloured as detailed above; or
  • is of such a size as detailed above; or
  • has an appearance which would identify it as having a design pre-dating 1870 e.g. a traditional Western cowboy gun or a 17th Century pirate blunderbuss; or
  • does not have the appearance of a firearm e.g. a futuristic space gun or a super soaker water pistol.

Attachments

• What will make an imitation firearm unrealistic.docx
    27.9 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
The VCR act is a gray area ( on purpose ) this like most uk acts makes people over-police themselves..The best way is to carry PLI & be a REENACTOR or have another defense..notice DEFENSE not exemption..again a built in trick in to the wording ..there are a lot of blasters on sale at uk websites so you could go home grown..the average customs or police don't know a ray gun from a rainbow, the tax payers had to cough up hundreds of thousands last year because police put the wrong fuel in cop cars.. AND THE FILLER CAP IS MARKED don't trust uniforms & never salute the man in the hat ! !

I know this sucks but what if you ask todd to ship it in 2 different boxes. Belt in one, holster in the other? On the shipping label say it’s a custom holster for your power drill and you will use on your work belt

Be like me, Pretend your a carpenter

I know this sucks but what if you ask todd to ship it in 2 different boxes. Belt in one, holster in the other? On the shipping label say it’s a custom holster for your power drill and you will use on your work belt

Be like me, Pretend your a carpenter
Even uk has no restrictions on holsters..so no problem with leather work..

Yeah law here is stupid. I had a Tomenosuke assembly kit seized and destroyed, coming from Japan. But an assembled one successfully from the US (HCG). The difference I'd say was on the shipment. When HCG sent it there was a very clear letter on the front of the package describing it as being non realistic, and what its made from etc. Problem is if you have to make the case as I tried on the initial blaster to border force, you will simply get stone walled.

Yeah law here is stupid. I had a Tomenosuke assembly kit seized and destroyed, coming from Japan. But an assembled one successfully from the US (HCG). The difference I'd say was on the shipment. When HCG sent it there was a very clear letter on the front of the package describing it as being non realistic, and what its made from etc. Problem is if you have to make the case as I tried on the initial blaster to border force, you will simply get stone walled.
I take it it was a B R blaster, therefore a replica of a fictitious gun and so not under the VCR crap..you should claim for unlawful destruction of property as it was not up to the GOON to decide..also evidence of distruction as its probably on there mantlepiece or been sold to a collector..challenge everything,accepted nothing ! ! Get PLI AS A REENACTOR AND HAVE YOUR STUFF DELIVERED TO A UK DEALER THAT'S COVERED FOR REPLICAS ..

I take it it was a B R blaster, therefore a replica of a fictitious gun and so not under the VCR crap..you should claim for unlawful destruction of property as it was not up to the GOON to decide..also evidence of distruction as its probably on there mantlepiece or been sold to a collector..challenge everything,accepted nothing ! ! Get PLI AS A REENACTOR AND HAVE YOUR STUFF DELIVERED TO A UK DEALER THAT'S COVERED FOR REPLICAS ..
Believe me I did.

Always seems risky and the Customs Officials are very strict. Ive heard stories of seizing it for months and then releasing suddenly, complete seizing and it being sent through A-ok!

My view is always to just find someone IN the UK to build it for you, not outside. Its possible and there are some builders out there who'll help i'm sure!

If in doubt, don't risk it! You wont get your money back (easily).

Always seems risky and the Customs Officials are very strict. Ive heard stories of seizing it for months and then releasing suddenly, complete seizing and it being sent through A-ok!

My view is always to just find someone IN the UK to build it for you, not outside. Its possible and there are some builders out there who'll help i'm sure!

If in doubt, don't risk it! You wont get your money back (easily).
If you are a famous football ( soccer ) player in uk then you would get it through no problem..they are God in this country.. side note: foreign players speak better English than uk players do.. THIS IS HOW WE GOT BREXIT ! !

I have very little modelling skills, or tools or space (and that's only when the wife lets me). But I was able to make a pretty decent DL-44.

Severl UK suppliers will sell you a Denix sprayed red or blue. This is a one coat pass, and can be scrapped off with your finger nail. Take thw thing apart and hit it with steel wool for 30 mins and you're done.

Then buy a conversion kit from Dark Energy Creations or similar - they look very little like gun parts so you should have no problem with HMRC. After that, a drill, some glue and some paint is all you need.

I was thinking about what the likelihood of Field Marshal's E-11 Sterling kits getting through. Maybe if it came in several different packages?

To overcome the B S of the vcr act join a reenactment group and get PLI , this will enable you to buy rifs ..if you then want to import do it through a company that deals in replicas..that way you have covered yourself..

A tip for those who can only purchase colour replicas ( blue, green, etc) and want to use them for fan films..just make your movie in black & white..very atmospheric and no problems getting them ..

Hi Guys. Does anyone here know if there would be any issues with ordering a Han Solo blaster from Todds Costumes and getting it shipped to the UK?

EDIT: I Googled and noticed the last point. Would this fall under that category?
What will make an imitation firearm unrealistic?

An imitation firearm will not be regarded as realistic if it is:

• transparent or bright red, bright orange, bright yellow, bright green, bright pink, bright purple or bright blue in colour; or
  • less than 38mm high and 70mm long; or
  • a copy of a pre-1870 firearm.
How do you ensure imitation firearms you manufacture, import and sell are not realistic?

It is advisable that the imitation firearm (including children’s toy guns)

• is coloured as detailed above; or
  • is of such a size as detailed above; or
  • has an appearance which would identify it as having a design pre-dating 1870 e.g. a traditional Western cowboy gun or a 17th Century pirate blunderbuss; or
  • does not have the appearance of a firearm e.g. a futuristic space gun or a super soaker water pistol.
Hi there, did you have any luck importing a Han Solo blaster from the US? I am wanting to buy one from Todd's Costume's also and he says, "
"We ship a lot of these to the UK, with very few problems". I am still worried the prop will be seized by customs and I'll be big time out of pocket

Hi there, did you have any luck importing a Han Solo blaster from the US? I am wanting to buy one from Todd's Costume's also and he says, "
"We ship a lot of these to the UK, with very few problems". I am still worried the prop will be seized by customs and I'll be big time out of pocket
I don't know about Todds, but Field Marshall can ship to the UK without any problems.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back