Todds Costumes - UK shipping

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by Kylo1, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Kylo1

Kylo1 Sr Member

Hi Guys. Does anyone here know if there would be any issues with ordering a Han Solo blaster from Todds Costumes and getting it shipped to the UK?

EDIT: I Googled and noticed the last point. Would this fall under that category?
    What will make an imitation firearm unrealistic?

An imitation firearm will not be regarded as realistic if it is:

• transparent or bright red, bright orange, bright yellow, bright green, bright pink, bright purple or bright blue in colour; or
    • less than 38mm high and 70mm long; or
    • a copy of a pre-1870 firearm.
    How do you ensure imitation firearms you manufacture, import and sell are not realistic?

It is advisable that the imitation firearm (including children’s toy guns)

• is coloured as detailed above; or
    • is of such a size as detailed above; or
    • has an appearance which would identify it as having a design pre-dating 1870 e.g. a traditional Western cowboy gun or a 17th Century pirate blunderbuss; or
    • does not have the appearance of a firearm e.g. a futuristic space gun or a super soaker water pistol.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    Shingouki28 likes this.
  2. simiouno

simiouno Jr Member

The VCR act is a gray area ( on purpose ) this like most uk acts makes people over-police themselves..The best way is to carry PLI & be a REENACTOR or have another defense..notice DEFENSE not exemption..again a built in trick in to the wording ..there are a lot of blasters on sale at uk websites so you could go home grown..the average customs or police don't know a ray gun from a rainbow, the tax payers had to cough up hundreds of thousands last year because police put the wrong fuel in cop cars.. AND THE FILLER CAP IS MARKED don't trust uniforms & never salute the man in the hat ! !

Shingouki28 likes this.
  3. halliwax

halliwax Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I know this sucks but what if you ask todd to ship it in 2 different boxes. Belt in one, holster in the other? On the shipping label say it’s a custom holster for your power drill and you will use on your work belt

Be like me, Pretend your a carpenter

4. simiouno

simiouno Jr Member

Even uk has no restrictions on holsters..so no problem with leather work..

5. Marv

Marv Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Yeah law here is stupid. I had a Tomenosuke assembly kit seized and destroyed, coming from Japan. But an assembled one successfully from the US (HCG). The difference I'd say was on the shipment. When HCG sent it there was a very clear letter on the front of the package describing it as being non realistic, and what its made from etc. Problem is if you have to make the case as I tried on the initial blaster to border force, you will simply get stone walled.

6. simiouno

simiouno Jr Member

I take it it was a B R blaster, therefore a replica of a fictitious gun and so not under the VCR crap..you should claim for unlawful destruction of property as it was not up to the GOON to decide..also evidence of distruction as its probably on there mantlepiece or been sold to a collector..challenge everything,accepted nothing ! ! Get PLI AS A REENACTOR AND HAVE YOUR STUFF DELIVERED TO A UK DEALER THAT'S COVERED FOR REPLICAS ..

7. simiouno

simiouno Jr Member

OH, AND A KIT IN PARTS DOES NOT HAVE THE ASSEMBLED LOOK OF A FIREARM..

8. Marv

Marv Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Believe me I did.

9. CWOODREPLICAS

CWOODREPLICAS Member

Always seems risky and the Customs Officials are very strict. Ive heard stories of seizing it for months and then releasing suddenly, complete seizing and it being sent through A-ok!

My view is always to just find someone IN the UK to build it for you, not outside. Its possible and there are some builders out there who'll help i'm sure!

If in doubt, don't risk it! You wont get your money back (easily).

10. simiouno

simiouno Jr Member

Good man ! ! Well done ! ! The more snowflakes the more they like it ..conservatives like power cos they think they know best..Labour like it cos they where bullied at school ! !

11. simiouno

simiouno Jr Member

If you are a famous football ( soccer ) player in uk then you would get it through no problem..they are God in this country.. side note: foreign players speak better English than uk players do.. THIS IS HOW WE GOT BREXIT ! !

12. simiouno

simiouno Jr Member

Oh, and Brexit sucks ! !