Todd's Costumes Han Solo Hardware Kit

Before giving my thoughts, my questions are:

How much does screen accuracy matter to you?
What version of the holster are you wanting to build?

I have a set and I am really happy with it. The only place you can get a full set of hardware. Outside of this all you need is a side of leather and you are set. I haven't actually put my belt together yet, but I will be sure to post pics when I do. Highly recommend it!

maybe we can point out some inaccuracies? I own his full ANH holster but mostly out of price while maintaining the gestalt of the real deal, but I'd be really curious as to what is off.

The hardware set seems like a great way to get into making a holster, or a way of cheaply (though inaccurately) swapping between movie styles.

Screen accuracy is pretty important to me. And I prefer the ESB version of the Blaster so I would need that holster.

Cool. It seems that based on the many reviews, Todd's offerings are quite good. Many people have been very happy with their purchases and highly recommend them.

After having spent a LOT of time researching these holsters for the pattern I am creating, my personal view is that while Todd's holsters are probably the most accurate you'll currently find, there are quite a few inaccuracies.

Many of them would not be noticed by anyone who isn't obsessed with the details. Some of the inaccuracies are a little more noticeable even to the average eye.

It is of course up to you to decide what level of detail matters to you. Your budget and how quickly you need the holster will also factor into whether you decide to order one or not. If you are really into screen accuracy, then my advice is to build your own.

Something else to consider. If you're not in a rush, I will shortly be releasing my patterns online. I will also be contacting a few vendors selling holsters in the hopes they will incorporate my findings into their offerings. This will hopefully result in more accurate holsters for everyone.

Something else to consider. If you're not in a rush, I will shortly be releasing my patterns online. I will also be contacting a few vendors selling holsters in the hopes they will incorporate my findings into their offerings. This will hopefully result in more accurate holsters for everyone.

I am not is a big hurry. I have been looking around for a pattern and have found some reference material but it would still end up being a good bit of guess work.

maybe we can point out some inaccuracies? I own his full ANH holster but mostly out of price while maintaining the gestalt of the real deal, but I'd be really curious as to what is off.

The hardware set seems like a great way to get into making a holster, or a way of cheaply (though inaccurately) swapping between movie styles.

I won't go into all of them here, but I will give you three examples.

- The pouches are sewn incorrectly.
- The shapes of the buckle hardware is inaccurate.
- The position/size of the pouches are incorrect.

I realize a lot of people want to swap movie styles, but as you mentioned this results in very inaccurate holsters. Each version is actually quite unique in almost all aspects.

I'm not saying they aren't well made holsters, but they do need some tweaking if you're looking for screen accuracy.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back