Todd the Pizza Planet Truck

num19ber

Hello everyone,

It's been a while since I've posted or lurked on here but I thought I would let you in on a build I've been working on. I've been planning and researching for over a year but finally in May I was able to purchase a 1979 Toyota SR5 that is becoming the Pizza Planet Truck from Toy Story and almost every other Disney/Pixar Film.

Here's what I started out with. IMG_3802.JPGIMG_3956.JPGIMG_3957.JPG

The truck was in excellent condition so I didn't want to paint it so I opted for a vehicle wrap. Lucky for me I work as a graphic designer at a print shop that can do vehicle wraps. I wanted to make it as screen accurate as possible so I designed it with fake rust. Did some photoshop mock ups and test fittings to get an idea how it would look.
IMG_3782.JPGIMG_3805.JPGIMG_3808.JPGIMG_3809.JPGIMG_3934.JPGIMG_3935.JPGIMG_3937.JPG

You should get a sun visor to put in the window when you are not the truck that has those eyes! That would be killer.

Great work so far. Looking forward to the wrap.

The nice clean white truck is now a dirty, beat up, rusted yellow truck, and it is beautiful. I've got to redo the tailgate because the bumper got in the way trying to install the wrap. There are also a couple spots I want to hit with yellow plastidip but I am thrilled with how it came together. Iggy, I think the one photo you especially will like.

IMG_3956.JPGIMG_3966.JPGIMG_3967.JPGIMG_3970.JPGIMG_3972.JPGIMG_3974.JPGIMG_4031.JPG

Super excited today. Received some puzzle pieces to be put together!!! I'll have to the cut the fins myself out of 2" foam and lumber but so far I couldn't be happier.

IMG_4307.JPGIMG_4309.JPGIMG_4310.JPGIMG_4311.JPG

In order to make the topper look like a two window topper I added some white vinyl. At quick glance it does the trick really well. Also did some more work to get the rocket finished. 1 month left to get it all finished!

IMG_4335.JPGIMG_4333.JPG

Hey guys, sorry for not posting for a while. Here's an update.

1. Filled the rocket with expandable foam.
2. Shaped the foam. Had it looking great.
3. Next day the foam sunk in.
4. Taped it back into proper shape and started with the fiberglass resin.
5. Grind and sand then start the process of bondo and sanding.
6. Repeat the bondo and sanding over and over again.

IMG_5258.JPGIMG_5255.JPGIMG_5259.JPGIMG_5261.JPGIMG_5262.JPGIMG_5265.JPGIMG_5271.JPGIMG_5273.JPGIMG_5302.JPG

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back