To 'Mr. Incredible or not to 'Mr. Incredible'?...

Replica

Hello all,
I am wanting to put a full costume together, but have no real time-frame or budget (preferably not years or tens of thousands of dollars though...), just want it to be fun and come up looking awesome. First port of call will be the body suit, so i was wondering what are peoples opinions, and the pros/cons of going in the direction of the Mr Incredible suit? Ive looked in the buy/sell section and haven't seen too many alternatives, but the ones I have seen have been really good looking suits. So im torn, the Mr. Incredible suits can look real nice when done right, and the non-Mr. Incredible suits are almost guaranteed to look good from what ive seen. Any help with this conundrum would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for looking!
Replica

well like you said, either can look good. but also, either can look terrible. it really comes down to paint. i have seen some people do some paint jobs on cardboard and made it look like casted resin. just because you get a casted skin, it doesn't guarantee a movie quality suit.
so if your budget doesnt allow a skin, go for the Mr I and just take your time and read up on all the tricks and techniques.

well like you said, either can look good. but also, either can look terrible. it really comes down to paint. i have seen some people do some paint jobs on cardboard and made it look like casted resin. just because you get a casted skin, it doesn't guarantee a movie quality suit.
so if your budget doesnt allow a skin, go for the Mr I and just take your time and read up on all the tricks and techniques.

Yeah good point. Most of the Mr. I suits ivd seen have come up real nice, but what about comfort and durability?

i have a Mr I suit , its quite durable imo, the paint job its not that great but it looks decent enough
ive had it for more than a year and i think it might need a new latex layer and new paint job( used it a few times)

i have a Mr I suit , its quite durable imo, the paint job its not that great but it looks decent enough
ive had it for more than a year and i think it might need a new latex layer and new paint job( used it a few times)

Oh cool, I reckon i will likely go the rout of the Mr. I suit. I'd spend $500 on a decent pre-made skin but if the Mr. I's are just as good i may as well make one and learn a thing or two!

Is it really hot? And is it tough to get on/off? Ive never seen a skin in real life, let alone worn one so i dont know anything about them

its kinda hard to get in it, and it gets very hot cause of the latex + the padding on the suit = gratuitous amounts of sweat
and definitely Mr I would be a good learning skin, specially for paint job =)

its kinda hard to get in it, and it gets very hot cause of the latex + the padding on the suit = gratuitous amounts of sweat
and definitely Mr I would be a good learning skin, specially for paint job =)

Sweet, cheers! I would assume any latex skin would be just as tough to get into and just as hot, so im gonna go with the Mr. I suit! Thanks heaps for you help!

Does it take a couple of people to get in and out of it or can you just step in a bathroom and cone out a beast I'm going the same rout as well and was kinda curious

i know everytime i LEAVE the bathroom ,.....i leave a beast behind,....

o you were talking about something else,......

i'd say if you can wash your feet in the shower while standing
without bustin your ass,..........

you'd probably be fine to at least get the basics on in the bathroom ,....

** only the early part of this post was jokes **

ha hah

Im just gonna have a zipper fly, hidden with the cod piece and try to hold anything else until i can get out of the suit. We have very few con's over here in Australia, so im only likely to wear it once a year, if that.

There's one thing I know about latex it's this you don't want to be in a suit like a Predator suit for more than a couple hours if it's your first time. They experimented on Mythbusters what happens when a person has latex brushed over thier entire body and the skin has trouble "breathing", which will cause you to get exausted quicker, sweat more, and/or have a trip to the ER if you're not careful. I've been in a full latex bodysuit before the first time you start to feel dizzy or lightheaded go back to your room and take the suit off. Good luck with your costume I'm working on a Mr. I suit too.

Nintendude speaks the truth!!! lol... the first cast I had from my predator head mold (Nintendude has it now *still need more Ultra Cal for the mandibles!*) smelled like a dead/dying fish for the first week and I dont even want to know what the latex could do when it covers your entire body!!

On the other hand here is the way I see it...

Custom Latex suit-
Pro's
-Gives a better predator look
-Higher detail
-lasts longer
-Higher quality
-Awesome
Con's
-expensive
-less comfortable
-Comes in one size (size of the seller)

Mr. I suit-
Pro's
-Comfortable
-Affordable
-Easy to make
Con's
-Doesnt last as long
-Needs a heavy amount of custom work done to make accurate
-Hard to put on/get off

and here is something I notice
Most Custom suits looks a lot like the predator from P1 P2 and Predators, the Mr I gives it the strange AVP Arnold Schwarzenegger body builder look which I find is a bit over the top on muscle sizing. Needless to say I dont have the money for a custom so I am doing a Mr I. (have one in my closet waiting to have latexy goodness spread across it!!)

So that is what I have gathered with the info I have seen.

I would have tought a Mr. I would last longer, cause it has the fabric layer. And that it would be no harder to put on/off than a latex suit. But im a major noob, and really have no cluie what so ever. I dont like the AVP pred look, much prefer the P1 look. But, as you pointed out, i dont wanna spend $500+ and end up not fitting in it! Its a massive decision, so im not taking it lightly. Cheers for the advice fellas!

Yeah get the full muscle version w/out LED's.
I got the no muscle version 1st (not even knowing) and had to order another with the muscles.

yeah, i nearly made the same mistake! How do you find it? i havent bought a Mr. I yet (nearly did) but im still sort of on the fence. Im leaning towards Mr. I

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back