To Mark Hamill ... A Happy 72nd Birthday!!!

I always forget Mark is 5 months younger than my Mom. (minus 4 days)
Its weird to think my Mom, and Luke Skywalker as being 70.
I would say they both have aged very well.
My Mom might not have any acting roles under her belt, but she did clean my butt as a baby.

But, Happy Birthday to Mark Hamill. Love that sense of humor.

pole.jpg

I'm going to necro quote this picture while I wish my favorite Clown Prince of Gotham a Happy Birthday;

What on earth was that bottom right drawing supposed to be? lol
Looks like an aged version of that "Hardest Mark Hamill Ever Looked" scifi role in the 90's
I wasn't sure either. So I cropped that part and did a reverse image search, and got the full version with people saying this would be an alternate version of Luke. Drawn by Mark Raats. Looked him up. Pretty cool artwork for sure.

15qkthazt0361.jpg

So I keep seeing on Facebook all these other celebrity birthdays....all on September 25th.
Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones, who of course are both married and share today...never knew that.
Donald Glover, Will ( McSlappy) Smith, Barbara Walters, Scottie Pippen, Christopher Reeve (Superman).

Those being the most well known. I guess September is a pretty popular month to have a baby....
So January, nine months before, being all cold and people trying to keep warm, so they.....ummmm.....you know.......

I wasn't sure either. So I cropped that part and did a reverse image search, and got the full version with people saying this would be an alternate version of Luke. Drawn by Mark Raats. Looked him up. Pretty cool artwork for sure.

View attachment 1743301
Thanks mate.

That was a drawing I did of Mark after Last Jedi came out. I had been asked by Disney to create the poster for the movie (it was shelved due to lack of time on their part) and after the movie was released I was so pissed that they made him into a crazy Ben version character instead of keeping him as a mean-ass Jedi.

We were at Celebration together and Mark liked it very much when he saw it.
He said to me that this was always how he envisaged his Luke would end up..

M

Thanks mate.

That was a drawing I did of Mark after Last Jedi came out. I had been asked by Disney to create the poster for the movie (it was shelved due to lack of time on their part) and after the movie was released I was so pissed that they made him into a crazy Ben version character instead of keeping him as a mean-ass Jedi.

We were at Celebration together and Mark liked it very much when he saw it.
He said to me that this was always how he envisaged his Luke would end up..

M
I've seen you post here in the past, but wouldn't have realized you were the artist from the drawings.
I also don't really keep track of a ton of people.
Just what I saw off google, very good lookimg for sure.
Most type art I've drawn is more silly and comic like. People and proportions are that thing that us the hardest for me.
I was actually thinking of making a thread for anyone to share their artwork.
Maybe you should.......and then blow everyone away so no one posts anything.....lol.

...That was a drawing I did of Mark after Last Jedi came out...

Very cool. I can easily say that it is my favorite depiction of the character (makes me wonder if I need some hair dye and a ROTJ tunic...), and it's wonderful to know that Hamill himself got to see it, and liked it so much too. I just found your instagram, and very much look forward to going through what you have there already, and seeing more of your work as you post it.

I've seen you post here in the past, but wouldn't have realized you were the artist from the drawings.
I also don't really keep track of a ton of people.
Just what I saw off google, very good lookimg for sure.
Most type art I've drawn is more silly and comic like. People and proportions are that thing that us the hardest for me.
I was actually thinking of making a thread for anyone to share their artwork.
Maybe you should.......and then blow everyone away so no one posts anything.....lol.
Very cool. I can easily say that it is my favorite depiction of the character (makes me wonder if I need some hair dye and a ROTJ tunic...), and it's wonderful to know that Hamill himself got to see it, and liked it so much too. I just found your instagram, and very much look forward to going through what you have there already, and seeing more of your work as you post it.
Cheers fella's

I have been privileged to have worked for Lucasfilm and now Disney over a period of 30 years and George has been incredibly good to me both professionally and personally. I have had a terrific run with them and other studios over the 40 + years I have serviced the movie industry and have decided to retire from this year from doing official studio work - although I will still do privately commissioned pieces from time to time.

Thank you both for your kind words, It's been a wonderful career...
M

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back