TNG type 2 Phaser

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveNeill

Sr Member
When I worked at Paramount years ago I acquired a casting from the molds there. It is unfinished and I forgot I had it until I was cleaning out my shop.

I'm not sure which type two it is as it doesn't exactly match some of the pictures I've seen of the various incarnations of this weapon. But I figure you guys will.

I am going to clean it up a bit and make a mold. I just can't resist making a hero functioning prop out of it.

See if you guys can screen cap place it. It would help to finish it off correctly.

Thanks

Steve

IMG_6553.jpg

IMG_6552.jpg

IMG_6551.jpg

Steve,

It looks like a stunt or dummy version of the cobra head phaser from TNG.

This thread probably could be better discussed in the replica or screen used props forums of RPF, however, the guys who know all about this can be found at www.trekpropzone.com

Hope this helps.

Based on the emitter, it looks like the same version the Roddenberry.com cobra heads were based upon, which were later season TNG.

Sean

Thanks guys I'm not sure if it's worth the trouble to fix up and mold. Molding is not a problem for me as it's what I've done for a living for many years. Models is more my thing. I could make this sing if I wanted to but I'm not sure it's worth my time?

Currently I'm working on this: http://www.therpf.com/f11/studio-half-scale-tos-enterprise-scratch-build-98400/ and I'm past molding and to layup and have some time of from it for a few days.

thanks for the help,

Steve

I'm not sure if it's worth the trouble to fix up and mold. Molding is not a problem for me as it's what I've done for a living for many years. Models is more my thing. I could make this sing if I wanted to but I'm not sure it's worth my time?

I'd buy one if you cleaned it up and molded it :D

Thanks guys but aren't these available somewhere? Or is this a rare one? After doing the Big TOS Enterprise and 7 kits in a row I'm pretty beat but would love to do something a bit more light on the old bones.

Thanks again,

steve

Well its a different version than the available one, and anything made by you would be awesome anyway!

Yes it did I got it when I worked on the lot many moons ago.

Jessica if you are referring to working on star Trek that would be a huge yes!

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back