TNG Bridge Restoration

Since you're doing engineering, be sure to install a bathroom.....
Awesome project by the way.

I second, third, whatever, the need for pics in this thread.

There's quite a few pictures of the current state of the set on the newstarship.com main site:

BridgeBefore

We've talked about ARTEMIS, but that software is only designed for 6 stations instead of the 10 interactive stations that we will have on the bridge (11 if you count the interactive captain's chair arms), so we'll probably run ARTEMIS some evening on half of the set for giggles but it's not going to be impressive enough for a convention or permanent display.

However: we have something EVEN better in the works. LCARS experts worldwide are currently toiling away on a completely new game simulation for our bridge with multiple outcomes (like the video installation in the revamped "Star Tours" ride at Disneyland). Several notable Trek actors are on board to help us with fundraising, and there's a good possibility some of them will be able to film some footage with us for our game simulation.

Apart from brainstorming ideas, there's not too much progress on the hardware front in the last couple of weeks because we're waiting for Indigogo and Kickstarter to see what the final set budget will be, while pricing out custom touchscreen displays and set structures.

If anyone wants to be a part of the discussion or brainstorming, as soon as version 2 of newstarship.com comes online we will have a message board where I'll be throwing out ideas and working with all of the volunteers to nail down choices of hardware, operating systems, 3D software, etc. All are welcome to join in the conversation, and even if you're not saavy on technical discussions I would love to hear from a few walking Trek encyclopedias to check all of our design details and make sure we get everything as accurate as it can be.

Cheers

--Brian

There's quite a few pictures of the current state of the set on the newstarship.com main site:

BridgeBefore

We've talked about ARTEMIS, but that software is only designed for 6 stations instead of the 10 interactive stations that we will have on the bridge (11 if you count the interactive captain's chair arms), so we'll probably run ARTEMIS some evening on half of the set for giggles but it's not going to be impressive enough for a convention or permanent display.

Too bad. I would imagine though that you could have a pretty complete feeling bridge with six positions, two in front, captain, weapons, and then two in back.

The thing I prefer about Artemis (or a similar simulator) to a game with several preset outcomes is that it's truly organic.

Still though, very cool that it will be functional to a degree. :D

This is awesome.

The closest I ever got to it was at The Experience in Vegas. Having ridden it several times it was cool, but the BEST experience was when I auditioned for a job as a cast member. We did the auditioning on the bridge. We spent a couple hours there and got to walk around and look at everything while waiting for our turn to audition.

It was really cool. Too bad they only offered $13.00 an hour to be in full Borg makeup! I would have done it part time as a Starfleet officer, but not full time as a Borg. It was the hardest job to turn away as it would have been great fun!

It was really cool. Too bad they only offered $13.00 an hour to be in full Borg makeup! I would have done it part time as a Starfleet officer, but not full time as a Borg. It was the hardest job to turn away as it would have been great fun!

Hell man, I would have done it for free! :lol

Hell man, I would have done it for free! :lol

Except the bills wouldn't get paid that way. Good thing as in less than two years the place shut down. I saw it coming. The GM who was there when it opened was a hard core Trek fan and it showed. The guy who took over didn't care a bit about it. The gift shop went from TNG props and custom made items, to flashing teeth inserts and spiked bracelets. (Literaly)

Heck, the last year that they were open, they didn't even bother to change out burnt light bulbs.

What really hurt was knowing that the beautiful models of the Enterprise A (10 foot model), Voyager (6 foot model) and BOP (5 foot model) wound up in a warehouse broken and rotting away!

Except the bills wouldn't get paid that way. Good thing as in less than two years the place shut down. I saw it coming. The GM who was there when it opened was a hard core Trek fan and it showed. The guy who took over didn't care a bit about it. The gift shop went from TNG props and custom made items, to flashing teeth inserts and spiked bracelets. (Literaly)

Heck, the last year that they were open, they didn't even bother to change out burnt light bulbs.

What really hurt was knowing that the beautiful models of the Enterprise A (10 foot model), Voyager (6 foot model) and BOP (5 foot model) wound up in a warehouse broken and rotting away!

Just realized you meant being a Borg in the Experience and not the show... In which case ya, I would have done the same thing.

No idea. I and the entire volunteer team I worked with jumped ship about a year ago due to serious management issues.

New Starship just sold their 'Paramount Built' chair on eBay last month and built another replica, so I imagine whoever is left has some sort of blueprints or has spent a long time looking at screen grabs.

--Brian

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back