TNG Bridge Restoration

This is a decent update on the status of the project:

No Romulans, just angry volunteers: One man?s journey to restore Star Trek?s bridge | Ars Technica

For those one here who don't know, last year the entire volunteer team and I temporarily stopped work on the project to try and have some say in the increasingly bad decisions which were damaging our set and the organization's reputation - a discussion which turned quite sour when the CEO admitted that the foundation's bank account was overdrawn.

It appears that the subsequent year hasn't been kind to the foundation, with only being banned from the official Star Trek Las Vegas convention and a hasty eBay auction to sell off their original captain's chair to show for progress.

For now, I guess the charity outreach I originally signed up for has been put on hold and all we can expect to see is the same pieces shown at for-profit sci-fi conventions until they are damaged beyond repair.

I wonder where all the money went? :rolleyes

Capt.s chair the most important part of the bridge?

Not in my book but that's just me.

I was disapointed when I first saw it in person.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back