TMNT Hero Suit - Pics 1-22-11 post 129

Re: TMNT replica suit diary... New Pics 8/31/10 PG2

Wow this is most awesome!!! Please give more detail regarding the oven too. Are you going to use hot foam?

Last edited:

Yea this is going to be a foam latex build. MAD props to Arnold over at MonsterMakers for not only giving me the whole foam kit, but adding in some extras - they're pretty damn spiffy over there.

The oven is heat-resistant-filmed (had to pay extra for that) concrete board with both external heating fans blowing in hot air, as well as internal heat lamps with fans on both the in and out side of the oven to maintain air flow and circulation. This oven will only need to get to be about 130ish deg. F and being in Florida, the heat inside the thing with OUT powered heating, is already 110 - LoL - so no a whole lot to do there.

Hope that helps!!

Thanks for giving me the inspiration. I am almost done with my son's sculpt, and I'll tweak it a bit more before I make a mold of it. I kind of want to try Flex Foam 17.

Thanks for giving me the inspiration. I am almost done with my son's sculpt, and I'll tweak it a bit more before I make a mold of it. I kind of want to try Flex Foam 17.

Flex 17 is like, awesome. Being that it self skins, you can paint it with anything - and it will stick. The only thing is, it doesn't "flex" as much as you may want it to... Meaning, there is almost no stretch to it. So make sure your stress points aren't going to be covered in foam.

Originally I was going to do the wearable Turtle suit in Flex 17, but the wearer wouldn't be able to move it in, so its going to be used for the the "display" Turtles.

Why don't you throw up some pics or a link to what you're working on??

Here are photos of my five year old's mask. I need to clean it up a little, and I'm going to use real fabric for around the eyes, so they don't have to look so clean.

dsc04575a.jpg
dsc04578j.jpg

dsc04577m.jpg
dsc04579u.jpg

Re: TMNT replica suit diary... New Pics 9/5/10 PG3

Thanks!

Just a quickie of an update, reshaped a LOT of the head, going to redo the mouth here in a bit - I don'y like the way the bottom lip kinda comes out, even though in the shot, it's how it looks - it just looks off. So I am going to make it a little deeper in so it's not exactly even with the beak; it still gives him that "under bite"

Idk - here are the pics...

7.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

1-2.jpg

8.jpg

nice photos, the only two things i can see about it that you maybe wanna tweak are the sharp and pointed beak, should be a little rounder. Also, the back of the head looks like a human shape, the top should be a little more rounded on all sides. looking good tho!!!

nice photos, the only two things i can see about it that you maybe wanna tweak are the sharp and pointed beak, should be a little rounder. Also, the back of the head looks like a human shape, the top should be a little more rounded on all sides. looking good tho!!!

See, I was thinking the same thing on both, but the client told me that's the way it looked - so if they see this, maybe they'll see it the same - Don't really know. But yea, the back of the head, in the shots I was given to use as reference, have that "squared off" deck at the top of the head...

I dunno... I totally agree with you, but it's their money LoL

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back