TMNT foot clan arm guards (done finally)

Re: TMNT foot clan arm guards (new pics)

IMG_0137.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0135.jpg

alright so I made it wider and it looks waaaaay better in my opinion. The circles are spaced out better and it'll look better once its rolled slightly to fit over the arm better. I also separated the hand part from the arm part for more flexability while it's being worn. So i'll use some black elastic to connect the two parts.

So unless anyone else has anything before I mold it I'll do that tomorrow night so I can get these painted up and move on to the costume part of it

thanks guys

Re: TMNT foot clan arm guards (possibly finished sculpt?)

thanks suckface....yea the person I've been getting a lot of help from pointed out the circles, and has supplied me with awesome reference photos. He's been a tremendous help while making these.

The good news is the mold is done and the guard needs a little clean up out of it, but i've test painted it, and having a hard time deciding on the finish. Ill post what I have when the paint dries.

Re: TMNT foot clan arm guards (paint test new pics!)

IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0139.jpg

ok its kinda hard to tell cause of the flash and I'll get a few better pictures after it dries fully and doesn't stink up the house but I sprayed a metallic aluminum paint as the base coat and then misted flat black over it. I know the screen used ones from that website show it painted a different way but I tried to match the screen grab I posted. Plus I have a few other pictures that show a painted job similar to mine

Re: TMNT foot clan arm guards (test pull w/ paint test)

so after looking at the other set of reference pictures I have, they were just painted flat black and the areas where there were scratches showed silver underneath. So i might just by some paint thinner and hit areas with a brush in a streaking motion

Re: TMNT foot clan arm guards (test pull w/ paint test)

IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg
IMG_0219.jpg

Done and fully wearable!!

Getting the bend right was kind of interesting but I finally got it finished

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back