then a few coats of gloss lacquer and my project will be finished

as far as painting goes then just to glue the foam on the inside of the mask
attach the straps order ESB tusks

and Lord Vader From the Empire Strikes Back will be in my display case
_DSC3467.jpg
_DSC3468.jpg

And so my friend my TM ESB is totally complete I did not put in the tusks
sorry forgot

and the dome just needs a nice coat of car polish but it shines like a mirror already and orange imperfection peel just like the original to boot

I hope you guys enjoyed my work thanks for watching my progress but im supper happy
Looks like no other ESB helmet I have ever seen to me it looks like the screen used and that's all that matters

Thanks to all my friends in the Vader collecting community again for all your help and guidance to make one of my life long dreams come true
you guy's know who you are :D:D

and thanks to everyone not asking for highress close up pics of the TM
and understanding there is an agreement

_DSC3476.jpg
_DSC3477.jpg
_DSC3483.jpg
_DSC3486.jpg
_DSC3489.jpg
_DSC3479.jpg

still come back to this thread all the time to look at how great that piece turned out, i know you may have said this on another thread but i can't seem to remember where or if i'm just imagining you did but what color did you end up using for the gun metal? it looks phoenomenal, i've got an ANH that i've been working on turining into ESB and was looking for that prop accurate colour and you nailed it.

still come back to this thread all the time to look at how great that piece turned out, i know you may have said this on another thread but i can't seem to remember where or if i'm just imagining you did but what color did you end up using for the gun metal? it looks phoenomenal, i've got an ANH that i've been working on turining into ESB and was looking for that prop accurate colour and you nailed it.
Hey man thank you so much such a great compliment! means the world knowing other's like yourself appreciate what I did.
Yes the colors I think I talked about it somewhere but even I myself have forgotten where, none the less what I did is as follows
I primed the helmet in white primer then came the gloss black Laquerre paint. Next I gave it a thin coat of pewter grey then a thin coat of gloss grey
sanded it smooth with fine grit sand paper and wet sanding then I misted it several times with a gunmetal metallic paint that has very fine metallic grain in it and after paint cured wet sanded everything smooth then gloss and sand again then polish and done

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back