TK helmet ID?

EVO3

Anyone know the maker of this helmet? I would like to get in contact with him, if possible.

20150304_102941.jpg20150304_102950.jpg20150304_103001.jpg

Is it resin slush cast or a proper fiberglass cast?
It's a TE SFS, but it could be one of the many recasts, that's why I'm asking how it's made

Thanks for the reply. It is a resin casting. Is TE still in the armor biz or did he hand it off to someone else?

The master for that helmet went to TE2 as far as I know. If it's a resin cast it's most likely an eBay recast.

Thanks. I just did some digging and found an old thread by "too much garlic". Im guessing he knows the maker??

I would like to get in touch with the maker as i would like to use the faceplate for a project im doing.

The Too Much Garlic project is based on the same 3D scan, but is way more detailed and never made it to the public domain. If you're looking to make a deal, I'm afraid it'll have to be with TE... good luck ;)

TE2 never made them, he only got the foam master, no moulds. It definitely is/derived from a TE SFS.

I'm surprised noone else has chimed in to comfirm. Maybe ask on FISD as well? Looks like the usual Trooper guys aren't around right now

Last edited:
Dan is correct. It's a recast of the SFS helmet TE made. I have one of the first of TE's in fiberglass. The recasts are quite warped too from what I've seen. TE has sold his rights to molds so many times over I don't see how he can legitimately sell anymore either.

Ben

It's not that hard most of the time. Not when you've been obsessed long enough ;)

yeah that sums it up Dan.It gets to the point where you know every curve and bump on these things in minute detail. There's a handful of props I've been in love with for many years and when you look at them constantly and obsessively they just grow on you.Its also a curse because it's a constant strive for accuracy. ;)

Ben

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back