TJack's 2013 Halloween Costume Contest Entry - Sinister 6

TJackFx

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So a couple months back, Sunkistshark, Wallcrawler248 and myself decided that we were going to dress our kids up as the original line up from the Sinister Six and take them to the Edmonton Entertainment Expo. Along the way we made one small adjustment - Doc Ock was replaced by Lady Ock :)

We took a few pics along the way but didn't document things as well as we should have. I'll do my best to explain each build and toss in a few pics as well without making this into a novel.

Kraven (Wallcrawler248's son)

His costume started by beheading a stuffed lion - the face was cut in two and glued onto a vest. A set of orange pants were altered to fit better and the cutoff material was used for the arm bands (the pattern was drawn on with a fabric marker). A bit of zebra fabric for the wristband and belt and some foam teeth to finish it off. A set of shoes were cannibalized to make them more "Kraveny".

Lady Ock (Wallcrawler248's daughter)

The bodysuit was made the same way as Vulture and Electro. All the armour was made out of craft foam and glued onto cardboard to make it more durable. Yellow fabric was added to the suit and a fabric marker was used for the details. The big part of this build was the arm structure. We made a harness out of some straps, buckles and a piece of ABS plastic. A chunk of upholstery foam was put on the inside to make it more comfortable to wear. For the arms, we took some flexible pipe, ran some electrical wire through it to make them poseable and secured them to the pack with plumbing couplings. The ends were capped off with some plastic easter eggs and the claws were cut from craft foam. We filled the first half of the arms (the part that attached to the back pack) with some expanding foam and then painted them silver. The nice part is that the arms are removable.

Vulture (Sunkistshark's daughter)

A full bodysuit was measured out and sewn to fit. Puffy paint was then added to emulate the texture lines from the comic book suit and a white faux-fur strip was rolled and sewn onto the collar. The wings were first shaped with a thin gauge wire to hold their shape and then the wings themselves were made using layers of craft foam sheets hot glued together.

Electro (Sunkistshark's daughter)

Similar to The Vulture, measurements were taken and the green bodysuit was sewn. The lightning bolts for the chest and back were drawn out on yellow fabric and then sewn onto the body suit, along with the shorts. The gloves were sewn and lightning bolts were added. Boot covers were sewn and attached using elastic straps. The mask was cut out of craft foam and then glued onto an old pair of sunglasses that the lenses were removed from.

Sandman (My son)

Definitely the quickest of all the costumes. It started by making a green shirt (couldn't find one that met the requirements) and then drew all the stripes on with a fabric marker. The pants were a set of existing Khaki's and the sand block was made out of upholstery foam that was covered with a can of textured sand coloured paint.

Mysterio (My son)

Another custom sewn body suit that then required a few fabric markers worth of lines :) The head was made of paper mache that I placed some mesh in so he could see, then painted it white. I glued a piece of pipe insulation around the bottom and then attached the purple fabric. The cape was made separately and snaps together at the front. The gloves were sewn from the same yellow as the other costumes and was also used for the boot covers. I found some plastic popcorn boxes at a dollar store to use for the gauntlets. I cut them to size, painted them yellow, trimmed them with craft foam and used some puffy paint to make the designs. I came across a set of brass coloured broaches to use for the eyes. I glued a piece of craft foam to the back, drew on a pupil and made the eyelids with some magic sculpt.

The kids were a huge hit at the Edmonton Entertainment Expo. Wallcrawler248 wore his Ultimate Spiderman suit and his wife dressed up as the Black Cat while I wore my Symbiote suit and my wife went as Gwen Stacy.

The hardest part of the whole experience was trying to get a picture of all 6 of them together, lol.

3026pht.jpg

And a proof shot of me with the Mysterio helmet

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back