Titanic 3D. That's right I said it lol.

I was never a huge fan but went to see it last night again anyways since it had been so, SO long.

I really didn't notice much in the 3D. The colour looked fine to me. I DID notice ( afterward ) that I didn't notice the greenscreen backgrounds as much as I used to...and by not as much, I mean at all. The retouching was really wonderful and to see it in such large scale again was pretty intense ( and much scarier and more sad than on VHS ...even though I saw it in theaters when it first came out, too ).

I consider Titanic along the same lines as Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith...pretty good movie ruined by a lame love story. :lol

Nice. =)

"Oh Anakin... we can't be with each other and I don't want you to fall in love with me, but I'm going to wear every piece of skimpy clothing I have!"

I'm going to go see it sometime this week, just to get to see it in the theater on the big screen!
I love Jack and Rose, and I love those love stories when class is overcome or at least knocked
down a notch or two.

My favorite line from the movie is when Rose tells Cal, "I'd rather be his -ho-- than your wife."
But old "so stupid" Cal, he just never did get it.

Then, of course, there's the grandeur of the ship and all the pretty costumes and the sinking
and Le Cœur de la Mer and the soundtrack.........

Shylaah

Well, I haven't seen it yet, but I have seen this: Titanic SUPER 3D - YouTube
Thats hilarious! Good thing is the rerelease was nothing like that lol. Probly exactly what Cameron directly avoided. I love the part when the plates explode in the M. Bay part. So true, I love Transformers for,,,, well the transformers. Other than that M.Bay has to be the most predictable director ever.

Seriously though, how AWESOME would this movie be if there was a giant sea creature that took out the Titanic??? I saw that shot and immediately said to myself "YES."

:lol

anyone ever see the classic print where Godzilla is just under the surface...and his spines sticking out look suspiciously like an iceberg...and there's this big ship approaching... well, you get the idea.

Hubby and I saw it again too. As has been mentioned, we figured even if the three-d was not terrific, it would be good to see it on the big screen again. We enjoyed the added immersion of 3-d - it was nicely done, especially in the 'present day' scenes underwater on the wreck.

anyone ever see the classic print where Godzilla is just under the surface...and his spines sticking out look suspiciously like an iceberg...and there's this big ship approaching... well, you get the idea.

Hubby and I saw it again too. As has been mentioned, we figured even if the three-d was not terrific, it would be good to see it on the big screen again. We enjoyed the added immersion of 3-d - it was nicely done, especially in the 'present day' scenes underwater on the wreck.

godzilla-vs-titanic.jpg

It's funny... on the pic with Godzilla as the iceberg, the one thing that gets me is the nameplate on the ship.

Godzilla taking down the Titanic? I can buy that... but how DARE you include the letters "HMS" before Titanic???? It's NOT Historically accurate!!! ;-)

(It's "RMS Titanic" not "HMS", and the nameplate only had "Titanic")

Seriously though, how AWESOME would this movie be if there was a giant sea creature that took out the Titanic??? I saw that shot and immediately said to myself "YES."

:lol

You've obviously never heard about the Italian animated Titanic movies...

Hours of your life that you will NEVER get back...!

I don't think there's anything animated from the US or Japan that's as crappy as those films aside from maybe "Dirty Duck."

P.S. -- They do have these films on YouTube. They had DVD releases in Canada. There are some things we're lucky to miss in the US!

You've obviously never heard about the Italian animated Titanic movies...

Hours of your life that you will NEVER get back...!

I don't think there's anything animated from the US or Japan that's as crappy as those films aside from maybe "Dirty Duck."

P.S. -- They do have these films on YouTube. They had DVD releases in Canada. There are some things we're lucky to miss in the US!

It's not quite as bad if you watch it as reviewed by the Nostelga Critic. He's got two animated Titanic movies.

Finally saw Titanic 3D last night.

I have to be honest, only about 90% of the film re-enforced my hatred of "3D" - there were some scenes where it seemed to add just a hint of depth (though, for all I know, that could have just been the HD part).

For the most part the 3D was annoying and, if anything, cheapened the movie. I still maintain that 3D is terrible because it's just not the way people see - we just don't see things "popping out" at us. On top of that, the 3D looked like layers of motion, not one, integrated motion. Before the movie there was a trailer for Prometheus 3D and it was terrible! Lots of action and flashes and cuts... in 3D... I had to take my glasses off and close my eyes! It was worse than being on a dollar coaster with a strobe light!

Overall, I think the 3D was an unnecessary gimmick that didn't work out very well. In a lot of the scenes it seemed to 'cheapen' the effect and make it look a LOT less realistic than the 2D version.

I do have to give some credit to a couple scenes that had 3D done very well - it wasn't over-the-top, bouncing out at you, it just gave a slight additional impression of depth. That was well done.

It does make me curious though... there were a two or three scenes where I wondered if the 3D would have been better in an iMax environment where the movie is all around you. Instead of being contained by a rectangle on the screen, you're surrounded on all side by the image so, perhaps, the 3D isn't as "confined" (note: I saw this on an Ultrascreen).

I was never a huge fan but went to see it last night again anyways since it had been so, SO long.

I really didn't notice much in the 3D. The colour looked fine to me. I DID notice ( afterward ) that I didn't notice the greenscreen backgrounds as much as I used to...and by not as much, I mean at all. The retouching was really wonderful and to see it in such large scale again was pretty intense ( and much scarier and more sad than on VHS ...even though I saw it in theaters when it first came out, too ).

I did a double take when I saw that you wrote VHS; I thought I was the only one that still held onto tapes :lol I opened up a box the other day that holds all of mine and when my youngest son saw one he asked "mommy what's this?." That was a funny moment trying to explain the technology of my day when he's use to iPods and video downloads. :lol This movie is great no matter if it's on VHS or the big screen. I'm going to see it again :popcorn

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back