Titanfall IMC Pilot Build

gmstrowabarton

I decided to make a IMC pilot from Titanfall and will trying to keep this up to date trying for it to be ready for Dragon-Con in September but we shall see. I have started on the helmet and going for as much detail as I can as I will be molding it once it is done. Armor will come once I get a good foot hold on the helmet and I get the Sintra in for it

Reference of what I am going for
Pilot_male_br_imc.png

The start of things to come

20140309_181055.jpg20140310_204234.jpg20140309_225445.jpg

Just throwing a picture from my collector's Edition

20140311_114611.jpg

The pep for the Helmet is complete for now

DSCN0415.jpgDSCN0418.jpgDSCN0416.jpgDSCN0421.jpg

It was then time to harden the pep and I hate Fiberglass and it was cold outside still at this time so I used Smoothcast 321 on the outside and a friend of mine had some onyx that was open so I use that to coat the inside of the helmet.

20140330_155554.jpg20140330_155616.jpg

Weather I has gotten warmer out here so I have started on the bondo work and in between I have started work on the outside parts for the helmet

DSCN0424.jpgDSCN0429.jpgDSCN0433.jpgDSCN0432.jpgDSCN0430.jpgDSCN0431.jpg

Once I went and got a new Dremel flex shaft as who ever used it last time lost the inside turn shaft making it useable I was able to start detail work somewhat after sanding with the palm sander

DSCN0436.jpgDSCN0437.jpgDSCN0434.jpgDSCN0438.jpgDSCN0435.jpgDSCN0443.jpgDSCN0439.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN0417.jpg
    DSCN0417.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:
Re: Titanfall IMC Pilot Build (picture heavy)

Looks great! Keep up the good work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sweet, where'd you get the pep file? Or even better, in-game models... wouldn't mind tossing a few things through my replicator.

That collectors edition titan is pretty friggin awesome, I'd have popped for that if it weren't so pricey.

Looks great! Keep up the good work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Jackal

Pretty sweet, where'd you get the pep file? Or even better, in-game models... wouldn't mind tossing a few things through my replicator.

That collectors edition titan is pretty friggin awesome, I'd have popped for that if it weren't so pricey.

The pep file I got over at another forum the 405th.com and they do have .obj files from the game. Here is a link to the thread on that forum **Official** Titanfall Pepakura Thread

Yeah the only reason I got the collectors was do to me saving some money off to the side each month after they announced it

Ahh thx so much! With proper game refs like this I can refine in 3d max to generate a hi res source for printing, and it will be proportionally accurate. will share back if I make anything!

I have spent a few hours outside today slapping bondo, sanding bondo, and cutting holes in the helmet. I did have some spots I have sanded through the plastic but I have filled the spots in from the inside of the helmet with apoxie sculpt since it was easy and will be hard by tomorrow when I go to a build party at a friends house to work on the helmet and possible other things as my sintra might have come and I will get it at the build party. Here is the damage done today:

I wanted to get the edges rounded from the sharp folds it was in the pep so added some bondo here

DSCN0448.jpgDSCN0445.jpgDSCN0446.jpgDSCN0447.jpgDSCN0444.jpg

After lots of sanding and grinding

DSCN0451.jpgDSCN0449.jpgDSCN0450.jpg

Some of the repairs with apoxie sculpt on the inside

DSCN0454.jpgDSCN0452.jpg

Last edited:
Oh my, so nice.

Thanks. :)

Man this is looking great! Keep up the good work!

Thank you, working on it lots of smoothing to go

Mold it you say? :D

Yep trying to get this as close as possible to the 3d model in the game/art book then mold it so it wont weight as much as it will once I am done smoothing it with bondo and apoxie sculpt and and if people are wanting to purchase then I will see about selling some then.

So have a small update the weather didn't let do any outside work the last 2 days. I got so bondo work on the front top of the helmet and it sanded down. But I found a issue this weekend when showing someone how the external parts fit to the ear pieces to them. They are sticking out to much I then rechecked the 3d models and found that since the pep file had the ears separate they had extra on the edge so I have been trying to figure out what to do either extend the external parts or cut the ears and grind the inside edge down. I will have pictures showing what I mean. I think I have decided on cutting them so it matches to the 3d files.

DSCN0455.jpgDSCN0456.jpgDSCN0457.jpgDSCN0458.jpgDSCN0459.jpgDSCN0460.jpg

This the ear area that is the problem i ran into in the first 2 pictures the red line is where I need to cut and the blue is just showing the point of the main helmet edge. The 3rd picture is from the 3d model in pep the red line shows where the red lines in the first 2 picture should be and the blue line shows the same helmet edge from the first 2 pictures.
left-ear.jpgright-ear.jpgtitanfall-helmet-compare.jpg

Looking good here's my finished helmet made my a mate and painted by me

Nice Militia pilot, how was the helmet to see out of I have wondered how this helmet is going to be.

Here is another update I started on some of the details and also cut the ears off and grinded them down I will get them reattached later on. I printed out some of the pep files with the textures on them to use as patterns for the details used sharpie to mark the spots on the helmet
DSCN0461.jpgDSCN0470.jpgDSCN0469.jpgDSCN0464.jpgDSCN0463.jpgDSCN0471.jpg

Here I use some Apoxie sculpt for some details and to fill the edges on the side since they have gotten a bit low from the sanding. I also found that the rectangle I had cut in the visor was too wide so I filled it to the point it should be.

DSCN0467.jpgDSCN0468.jpgDSCN0472.jpg

I finally started to get some of the soft parts I ordered and the clear visor and the mirror tint for the helmet still waiting on the leds I have purchased for the helmet. The uniform I will have to make since I can't find anything that would be close to it. I might start the armor soon but most of my time is going to the helmet first I have some of the sintra in 2'x'2 sheets and some patterns for it cut but needing to be assembled once I figure out the angle cuts for attaching the sintra.

DSCN0466.jpgDSCN0465.jpg

So I cut the ears in the 4th picture here you can see the pep piece that was the item I tried before and found the ears were wrong in this picture it is how it should be before the cut it was about half an inch from the helmet so the ears will be how they are in the game model.

DSCN0473.jpgDSCN0474.jpgDSCN0475.jpgDSCN0476.jpgDSCN0477.jpgDSCN0478.jpgDSCN0483.jpg

I have cut in for some of the panel lines that were shown on the helmet textures that I pattern out first. Next steps after this I will be spraying primer on the helmet once the weather changes from about the rain to no possible rain.

DSCN0479.jpgDSCN0480.jpgDSCN0481.jpgDSCN0482.jpg

Stuffs looking great . For my visor I used a plastic face sheild from Home Depot then used a metallic car window tint . Can see through it perfectly . I'll post pics later . For the uniform you should just use a grey flight suit .

Stuffs looking great . For my visor I used a plastic face sheild from Home Depot then used a metallic car window tint . Can see through it perfectly . I'll post pics later . For the uniform you should just use a grey flight suit .

Ok about the same stuff I have for my visor but I am going to try and light mine up with blue leds and be able to change them to amber. The uniform I am trying to go as close to same thing and looking at the 3d models it isn't a one piece flight suit but a 2 piece with a vest over it for the armor to attach to I also a few sewing friends that go to the build parties and will be getting their help on this.

Small update the weather was rainy until today and it was nice and warm for bondo so I started to add in details to the chin area and the side areas around the temple area I ended up taking out a lot of the bondo detail I had on the left side and just redoing it I didn't like how it was looking before compared to the right side.

DSCN0494.jpgDSCN0495.jpgDSCN0496.jpgDSCN0493.jpg

I also cut out some more detailed on the top of the helmet I will cover the holes from the inside with styrene when I have the helmet outside all ready

DSCN0497.jpg

this piece is just a pain trying to get right will see how it looks after some primer since I think the different colors are messing with how I am seeing things meet up

DSCN0498.jpg

Primer before the sun went down

DSCN0500.jpg

so using that link you provided to the 405th pep files, one of the guys was ripping the game models for the weapons. I managed to get an OBJ of the MK5 smart pistol, that was totally mangled, but used it as a proportional reference to basically rebuild it in MAX. Did a size-test print last night, thanks again for the link!

WP_20140507_002.jpg

This is just the main form, a lot of the details and switches will get printed separateyl and applied, as well as the light under the barrel, that piece will be made to work and slip on as it would in real life. The grip is also hollow allowing for a magazine to be loaded. I plan to do the final one with some translucent filament so I can have the bits on the iron sights light up like it does in-game, and I'll make a magazine that basically just has batteries and LED lights in it to make that work.

so using that link you provided to the 405th pep files, one of the guys was ripping the game models for the weapons. I managed to get an OBJ of the MK5 smart pistol, that was totally mangled, but used it as a proportional reference to basically rebuild it in MAX. Did a size-test print last night, thanks again for the link!

View attachment 321570

This is just the main form, a lot of the details and switches will get printed separateyl and applied, as well as the light under the barrel, that piece will be made to work and slip on as it would in real life. The grip is also hollow allowing for a magazine to be loaded. I plan to do the final one with some translucent filament so I can have the bits on the iron sights light up like it does in-game, and I'll make a magazine that basically just has batteries and LED lights in it to make that work.

Oh that looks great I have been trying to think what I can make or modify to make the MK5. I haven't been able to work on my build for a few weeks do to RL between getting the house ready for my fiance moving next week and then someone decided to kick my front door in last week.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back