Titanfall Cosplay Smart Pistol MK5 Costume Prop

narutoishere

This is the first prop that I have made from a massively popular and addictive video game, Titanfall. I have made this 1:1 scaled Smart Pistol from combining two plastic toy guns that I have bought at a local dollar shop. It costs $1.50 each. I added the laser pointer and a blue led flashlight from my 1911 airsoft kit. I sealed all those ugly screw holes with duct clay (and there were many of them). I painted it with krylon camo paint (desert and black), and I then weathered it with chrome and painter's crayon (it's a technique I use in model painting). I sawed off an old airsoft ammo clip and I attached it to the bottom with hot glue. I made the barrel cover and ammo counter with a plastic sign (it's available at dollar shop for $2). The whole project costs me $5 for materials (excluding the laser pointer and flashlight). I intentionally weathered the gun to look more used and rusted like those militia soldiers as compared with those shiny armor and weapons used by IMC.

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG5.JPG6.JPG77.JPG8.JPG

I am converting a nerf gun into Titanfall C.A.R. SMG. I'm going to paint it with the MCOR colour theme, which is olive and orange. The followings are two photos of the work in process.

IMG_9271.JPGIMG_9274.JPG

Last edited:
Great build's. I would also desperately like to know what Nerf rifle that Is please.

Last edited:
Hey, what nerf gun did you convert? Could you show me how you converted it?

It was one of those fake "nerf" guns sold at Walmart. I bought it when it was on sale for $10 or something. There wasn't even a trigger with that toy. I used foam and plastic sheet and whatever I find in the kitchen closet...

Here is an update to the CAR SMR. I have added a suppressor and changed the sight to HCOG. The HCOG is made with plastic sheet and a vinyl file holder for the lens. The suppressor is an empty candy tube bought at dollarama... well I had to finish all the candies so that I could use the tube. I weathered the gun with brown art crayons.

IMG_9487b.JPGIMG_9488b.JPGIMG_9489b.JPG

Great build's. I would also desperately like to know what Nerf rifle that Is please.

It was shadow hawk 100... a fake nerf gun that shot paper bullet. It was sold at walmart for $10... originally I was thinking of turning it into a pilot shotgun in Titanfall but I changed my mind...

- - - Updated - - -

Thats pretty sweet! I'd like to know what rifle as well nice pistol build!

Thanks. I used shadow hawk 100 for the CAR SMR and two cheap dollarshop toy guns for the smart pistol. I don't spend more than $20 in any prop that I have built. That includes the colonial marines smart gun that you see in the photos below.

Thanks for the reply. that rifle Is so close to another tv prop rifle. that I'm wondering If it may have been used for the base gun for that prop..

Thanks for the reply. that rifle Is so close to another tv prop rifle. that I'm wondering If it may have been used for the base gun for that prop..

yeah that shadow hawk 100 also looked like the sniper rifle in Halo 3, but it's a rather short in length to look like a sniper rifle. Another note about this gun is that there are lot of ugly screw holes in the gun (like any other nerfs and cheap toy guns). I used JB clay to fill all those holes and I then used 100 grade sand paper to smooth out the surface.

Hey thanks for the info, but how did you convert it?

Sorry. I didn't take any photo when I made it.

The original shadow hawk 100 looked like a pump action shot gun with a lot of ugly screw holes. The first step is to cover all ugly screw holes. I filled all the screw holes with fillers and I sanded them to smoothness. I don't use bondo at all. It's smelly and too hard for sanding and it loses the surface contour. I do the same with my cheap airsoft gun as well. I made the central body with foam (the grey foam floor mattress that is sold at walmart for $10 a pack (4 sheets), and I cover it in sections with plastic sheet. The thin one... you know the "FOR SALE" plastic sign that you can find in dollarshop; that's the plastic sheet I use. It is cheap and it is easy to cut and paint. I made the rails and sight with the same "FOR SALE" plastic sheet. I bought only 1 sheet for a dollar and I used it all in the gun. The round things that you see all over are washers. You can get a pack of 20 washers for a dollar.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back