Titanfall Atlas 3D Model

lilykill

Hi guys, Im new to the site and just finished modeling the atlas titan at a 1:1 in Solidworks. My thing to do is to scale it to 18" tall and 3D print it as a kit and assemble it. Ive uploaded the files to Titanfall Atlas Mech by lilykill - Thingiverse & https://grabcad.com/library/titanfall-atlas-mech-1 for anyone to download. I thought I would post it here as it would make a great reference for anyone looking to build it.
Here is a picture to show the detail of the model. Front- left Side.JPG

incredible! but is it just me or do the hands look a little small? Maybe it's just the camera setup you used when you rendered. Did you model from image references or did you pull a game model, and go from there?

ye im trying to adjust the size of the forearms to make the hands bigger so it looks in proportion to match the correct scale and i just used images and references from poster and the full scale models they made for EA and other shows. The game model is very very basic and relies on the textures and bump maps to make certain items standout rather than there being actual modeled geometry.

ye im trying to adjust the size of the forearms to make the hands bigger so it looks in proportion to match the correct scale and i just used images and references from poster and the full scale models they made for EA and other shows. The game model is very very basic and relies on the textures and bump maps to make certain items standout rather than there being actual modeled geometry.

Believe me, well aware of the "tricks" using mapping to stand in for detail, trying to rebuild the weapon models for 3D printing, and the game rips are basically useless, the whole thing needs to be rebuilt. But, impressive for just using media references, I downed your models and loaded them up, very detailed.. very nice hard surface work.

they will release a 20'' toys soon,i saw it he come with a 6'' pilot,really cool!

I really hope they make all the Titans, and pilot models. I need them for my desk...so I can play with while I watch the little spinning wheel when joining servers.

the real action figure does look really nice and I might consider getting one if their the right price and also 3D print mine so I have a nice comparison between the two of them. Have a titan showdown on my shelf.

Thanks. I'm almost done with the modifications to the model to make it a posable action figure, as soon as I'm done ill be updating my files on thingiverse.

Want to give me lessons on solidworks? That work is incredible. I taught myself solidworks but I'm nowhere near your level.

Tackling such a project will help deepen your knowledge of any modeling software ;) Steep learning curve, maybe, but there is nothing better than learning by doing ;)

Haha true, all my solidworks knowledge is from necessity. Guess I'll be busy for the next few months. :D

Tackling such a project will help deepen your knowledge of any modeling software ;) Steep learning curve, maybe, but there is nothing better than learning by doing ;)

Yes taking a project like this is good to start learning but from personal experience look at tutorials and youtube videos and stuff because you might start picking up bad habits that take alot longer than just doing it the right way. Trust me, I was originally self taught but then my company sent me on all the Solidworks training courses and you realize how many buttons or shortcuts there are to make modeling easier.

I can see my pep designer catching fire...

I´ve built a pep Patlabor, and that model was constructed with pep in mind. I think you´d be better off remodeling the Atlas for pep instead of trying to rearrange this model´s geometry. Or maybe it´s just time to buy that extra fire extinguisher to place it next to your ´puter ;) Btw, I just read about renting calc time from cloud networks, maybe that´s an option in this case.

15 min to load all the stl files...
2896414 Faces in the whole thing...
I can see my pep designer catching fire...

I´ve built a pep Patlabor, and that model was constructed with pep in mind. I think you´d be better off remodeling the Atlas for pep instead of trying to rearrange this model´s geometry. Or maybe it´s just time to buy that extra fire extinguisher to place it next to your ´puter ;) Btw, I just read about renting calc time from cloud networks, maybe that´s an option in this case.

Ive never tried converting a file for pep use but I agree with DaddyfromNaboo. It would be easier to try using a more simplified model, or just simplify my model, whichever works.

Ive never tried converting a file for pep use but I agree with DaddyfromNaboo. It would be easier to try using a more simplified model, or just simplify my model, whichever works.

Agreed, however a lot of the little detail can be removed such as screws, hooks, clamps, ferbies, pistons and such can be removed like in this close up of the right upper arm.

Atlas Detail.jpg

Once I have the basic shapes left, I can smooth out all the surfaces and have the computer drop the polygon count by quite a bit and still retain the original shape.
hmmmmmm

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back