Tips on cutting out a foam mask?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Axis177

I'm making a mask using predattack(?)'s huntorial, but when it comes to actually cutting details into it, I'm doing incredibly horrible. First, it's hard to cut it without leaving a bunch of chunks and an overall unconvincing texture. So before wasting any more foam, I was wondering if any of you guys could give any advice about it. Like, for starters, what tools are the easiest, if there's any sort of technique to cutting foam, or anything that can help.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

mustard

I'm making a mask using predattack(?)'s huntorial, but when it comes to actually cutting details into it, I'm doing incredibly horrible. First, it's hard to cut it without leaving a bunch of chunks and an overall unconvincing texture. So before wasting any more foam, I was wondering if any of you guys could give any advice about it. Like, for starters, what tools are the easiest, if there's any sort of technique to cutting foam, or anything that can help.
count me in this,i'm gonna start this weekend.decided to go with the foam for head mask .gonna try mask and dreads first and if all goes well the suit.
your havin trouble cuttin the foam(is this foam out of can for gap filler?).let us know how you get on cheers.

ptgreek

they sell electric foam cutting "hot" knives. They basically melt the foam away ..perfect for detailing in foam ..look 'em up on the interweb. wear a resperator ..foam fumes are toxic

mustard

they sell electric foam cutting "hot" knives. They basically melt the foam away ..perfect for detailing in foam ..look 'em up on the interweb. wear a resperator ..foam fumes are toxic
cool cheers for that,i've bout a ton more questions,but i'll just ask 2
1. dreds to be attached to bio( foam strong enough) or sperate?
2. is bio just trial and error ?where's the best tutorial for some help?
can't wait to get started!!!!!!