Time spent building?

crabra comander

Master Member
So like the title says,

About how much time do you spend on average on any given piece you may be working on?

I find it difficult to work with the family running around.:facepalm

I'm not the best one to answer as I'm quite new here but I've spent about 150 hours, spread over four weeks, on the pep work for my IM MkIII suit. It's about 90% complete.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Some days I'll completely lose track of time and 6 hours will go by. Others I feel like I'm doing things because they need to get done to stay on deadline and I'll only put 1 or 2 in before calling it a night.

Yeah between the family, work, travel for work (sitting at JFK right now), and my gaming addiction I have a hard time setting aside time for my project. However I will usually spend about an hour to 3 hours on it. Typically late at night after my wife and baby boy have gone to bed.

The real question isn't how much time you spend building. It's how much of that time actually ends up on the build.

Last week I dusted off my buzz costume and made a bunch of modifications to it. I probably spent around 16 hours fixing and redoing stuff... and about 5 of those hours actually ended up on the costume.

Lots of dead ends, failed attempts, stuff that doesn't work.

--

But when I'm deep in a build, probably 30 hours a week.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back