time machine model...I just need to be assured that its not too crappy :(

evlares

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
the 1960 time machine movie is my wifes fave...so i have built this for her birthday...i am NOT GOOD at small work, i know some things are not the right color, things are missing, etc... I'm not looking for a pat on the back, just some assurance that this is good enought to gift to her. Thanks, Tim PS it looks way better in the picture..

I think she'll absolutely enjoy the model; it looks great, it's her favorite film and you made it for her yourself !!!

Always liked the look of those classic film adaptations of Jules Vern stories.

Smile, after seeing an episode of Big Bang Theory where the guys bought a full size replica. When Penny saw it she exclaimed that it looked like something Elton John would drive through a swamp. That bizarre mental picture will forever be associated with this time machine for me know.

This movie is also an all-time favourite of mine, i used to watch it often as a kid after taping it off of Tv. I did'nt mind the remake but prefer the original more.
It's no DeLorean, but your wife should be very pleased, you have included some very nice detail.
What size is it approximately? How long did it take to make?

I think it's great. I always think of Gremlins when I see this now. Good work. I always want to do stuff like this for my wife but rarely have the time and her interests are highly varied.

It's crappy....but not too crappy:p........Just kidding.... It's a wonderful gift, for sure.
It's a cute replica. Good size.....She could chuck an action figure of some kind sitting in it.....maybe a little horrified & confused :eeklooking primate monkey sitting there who accidently pulled one of the levers.

It's crappy....but not too crappy:p........Just kidding.... It's a wonderful gift, for sure.
It's a cute replica. Good size.....She could chuck an action figure of some kind sitting in it.....maybe a little horrified & confused :eeklooking primate monkey sitting there who accidently pulled one of the levers.

An Elton John Doll ;)

it's the little five inch model, I think 1/12th??? I am afraid to say I have about 10 hours into it, but like I said, I cannot do small work. At least I learned how to flock...the chair looks and feels like red GI Joe Hair ;)

I'll be back in a minute. Once I look up "Flocking". I'm pretty sure I've never flocked. But otherwise, I'm with the herd. Very good job and it's from the heart.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back