Suggestion Time limit for editing posts.

DaddyfromNaboo

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys,

I know that in the past we had members edit a lot of their posts for various reasons, sometimes valuable information, sometimes just making an interesting thread a complete waste of storage since it was left unreadable.

Other forums limit the time for editing a post to e.g. 48 hours. After that it can only be edited by a mod or admin. This way a "crippling" of an informative thread could be prevented.

What if the OP changed his or her mind as to what they wanted to share or show. it's there information. should they not have the right to control it as they see fit.

I disagree as I find it refreshingly useful to be able to edit older posts so to allow new & updated information to be included. It can actually reduce the storage 'footprint' by keeping threads from growing unnecessarily.

I guess I just haven't seen the phenom that Daddy is referring to, personally. Perhaps some examples?

Regards, Robert

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back