Tigerstone FX cowls Cancelled orders?

theDarkknife

I have heard only good things about Tigerstone FX props and cowls (Batman Cowls).
I decided to take the plunge and order 1. Based on the exchange rate this was
not a small financial investment for me. It was a reckless but fun choice...

7 weeks after making my order I message them, and they say it is only scheduled for that week.
I assume there were public holidays in the UK that I had not accounted for. Fair enough.

Today, about a week or 2 later, I get an email noting that my order has been cancelled
and refunded due to circumstances beyond their control. Personal reasons...

I hear they are really lovely people. I see the website is undergoing maintenance as well.
Has anyone else reading this had their order cancelled?

Sadly the model I ordered was not listed on their site any more last I checked and I also lost about 10% of my
money because the exchange rate improved between my investment and refund.

There’s something going on broadly with Batman cowl makers. Several shops/makers have disappeared from etsy/ig/fb in the recent weeks, in the last few days GauntletFX cleared his shop too. I think wb probably issued C&Ds left and right.

There’s something going on broadly with Batman cowl makers. Several shops/makers have disappeared from etsy/ig/fb in the recent weeks, in the last few days GauntletFX cleared his shop too. I think wb probably issued C&Ds left and right.
I really had that suspicion as well...
Just my luck... I make a reckless midlife purchase of something I really love and life makes a responsible choice for me.

Their website simply says under maintenance now. I had a feeling they were busted after they removed all their Batman stuff from Etsy.

So the question I ask myself is... what do I do now? I was on the cusp of owning something truly amazing that is really difficult to replicate successfully... Do I take the plunge and do my own 3D print and urethane casting? Seems intense...

Here are my thoughts - I completely understand the needs for C&Ds. WB need to protect their property, right? Anyone making a profit from their property is hurting them.

Here's the thing, though - are they indirectly hurting themselves by doing this? Think about it - most cosplayers want the best money can buy, the best quality, the best likeness to the characters they want to portray because they love the cosplay community, they love the characters, and they want to show that love. And let's face it - some of us don't have the equipment/space/money/time/skillset to make our own props, our own costumes, our own replicas; so we turn to those that can.

By WB preventing these people from producing these props, there are going to be fewer people who can have access to making their cosplay come to life, and to prevent them from showing their love for the characters. Yeah, they can attempt to make their own, but somehow something would seem off, they lack the experience.

I might be wrong, so please correct me if I'm mistaken.

I'm curious about the propmaker. The most of them are also on FB Groups or here on TheRPF.
Propmaker like Tigerstone, Ninco.. ASdivision or others can help us and let us know what's happened. I don't unterstand why they're not talking here to make everything clear :).

It’s usually one of two things (or both). Either WB thinks those sellers are an impediment on their deals with current or future licensors or they simply want to put an end to unlicensed businesses who gained way too much visibility and name recognition (and discourage those who might think about going down that road).
Anyways it’s a cycle, in a few months when things calm down a bit and the initial shock of getting a C&D dissipates those same sellers will pop up again, using different channels and under different names but with the same products.
And yes, usually, they are prohibited from speaking about it publicly.

Here's the thing, though - are they indirectly hurting themselves by doing this? Think about it - most cosplayers want the best money can buy, the best quality, the best likeness to the characters they want to portray because they love the cosplay community, they love the characters, and they want to show that love. And let's face it - some of us don't have the equipment/space/money/time/skillset to make our own props, our own costumes, our own replicas; so we turn to those that can.
Yes. It appears the majority of cowl makers have been "shut down" now and it's starting to get out of hand. Other companies more or less turn a blind eye to this sort of thing because they know that cosplayers who replicate their work help to sell more product for them at the end of the day. It's not hurting them at all for them to allow cosplayers and replicators to replicate and sell costumes or prop pieces. The reason being the majority of these companies are not losing any money because people are "buying costume pieces" from other people. WB in particular does not sell licensed fully complete replicas. So they can't actually be losing money to a small costume maker, because they don't make any money in that field anyway.

It's their decision to shut down whoever they want since they own it, but a FOOLISH decision if I've ever seen one. That's a lot of free publicity from cosplayers who were wearing Batman cowls that they have now lost.

Check jester fx studios.

it seems still working.

Makes me think to JAZZINC with it's 1/6 batmobiles. He recently had to shut down and dealed an agremment with WB to continue to make his stuff.
Maybe the prop makers are doing the same before come back.
A lot of stuff stayed under radars during a long time and WB had enough and wanted to clean up.

Last edited:
From what I've heard in the bat groups, this happens every time WB launches a new franchise. Sort of a shame because when have you ever seen a license holder produce screen accurate, movie quality cowls and costumes?

From what I've heard in the bat groups, this happens every time WB launches a new franchise. Sort of a shame because when have you ever seen a license holder produce screen accurate, movie quality cowls and costumes?
I was thinking EXACTLY that! If they are so annoyed by it, please show me an alternative to the product I was looking for. It simply does not exist.

I believe UD replicas are bringing out armour hence the crackdown.

By naming the remaining sellers and their methods on here you are helping them to get shut down by Warners.

I believe UD replicas are bringing out armour hence the crackdown.

By naming the remaining sellers and their methods on here you are helping them to get shut down by Warners.
Your concern makes sense. But I cannot imagine UD Replicas doing cowls.... their products are all related to motorcycle wear currently.

Update on their IG

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210704-163400.png
    Screenshot_20210704-163400.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 383

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back