Tie Wing Trim Help Needed!

Beeb89

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've had a tuff time trying to get the wing trim for the SS Tie kit from Steve so I'm hoping with the help of my fellow RPF'ers I can ID the correct parts to use.

I've been told it's Plastruct material but I'm not sure what it is. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance!! Here are some close-ups of the ILM Tie:
P6130289_JPG_1.jpg

tie_05_jpg_1.jpg

tie_07_jpg_1.jpg

(Thanks WC for hosting!!)

Thanks in advance!
-B89!
icon_biggrin.gif

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
Beeb89 wrote:
<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
I've been told it's Plastruct material but I'm not sure what it is. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks in advance!
-B89!
icon_biggrin.gif

</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>

Steve sent me the raw Plastruct I beams and styrene strips for my kit when I got it.
I'll try to post the sizes he sent me when I get time tonight.

I just gotta figure out how to make the wing edges....
icon_razz.gif

Lynn

No problem!

Steve sent me raw 5/16" #90547 Plastruct Styrene columns
"I beams" (12) and 1/4" x 1/16" styrene strips (a large bundle).

I don't have any instructions on how to build them, but looking at the pics, it dosn't look that hard.
HTH,
Lynn

Your welcome!!

I just got done putting the edge frames on, It took me over two hours just to edge out the solar panles with the Plastruct columns. It was a long and tedious process.
icon_razz.gif

Now I gotta figure out how to detail the edges with the styrene strips, 6 cut strips per wing.
Lynn

<div class='quotetop'>(Lynn TXP 0369 @ Jul 22 2004, 11:57 AM) [snapback]809132[/snapback]</div>
No problem.

I don't have any instructions on how to build them, but looking at the pics, it dosn't look that hard.
HTH,
Lynn
[/b]

Which of these are for the "star" spires? The thin outer edges of several of mine are broken.

Treadwell, are you referring to the leading edge of the wings? Those should be the 3/16" x 1/16" styrene strips...

EDIT: If you mean the beams on the tops of each of the wingstar's struts, I used 1/8" (3.2mm) Plastruct T-beams.

HTH. :)

<div class='quotetop'>(Treadwell @ Oct 29 2006, 10:06 PM) [snapback]1347223[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Lynn TXP 0369 @ Jul 22 2004, 11:57 AM) [snapback]809132[/snapback]
No problem.

HTH,
Lynn
[/b]

Which of these are for the "star" spires? The thin outer edges of several of mine are broken.
[/b][/quote]

None, these are just the outer most wing edge trim.
Lynn

Tread,

I think your talking about the little "t" rod that rides on top of the wing arms. I'll find the ABS replacement part number. I cut those off and add the ABS to improve its strength. I'll try to post it today.

Steve

Cool, thanks. You had thought you had tossed in some extras but I guess had forgot. ;)

Random thought: what if you put the ABS pieces right into the mold prior to pouring, making them part of the cast?

Nope its bigger, checked the shop all I have is loose t Rod and i cant find the numbers.. let me try to round it up.

Steve

<div class='quotetop'>(Treadwell @ Oct 30 2006, 12:15 PM) [snapback]1347551[/snapback]</div>
BTW is the same T-rod used for the leading/trailing edges of the hull struts?
[/b]

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back