Tie Pilot Helmet (new pics on page 3)

Keith

Sr Member
Here is a really nice Tie helmet that i've just finished assembling. Its made from VERY high gloss plastic. The quality is fantastic and the helmet is very accurate.
I was going to wait until i had some decals and metal ear greeblies before i posted any pics of it, but here you are anyway:

10_4.jpg

2_1.jpg

4_1.jpg

6_1.jpg

7_1.jpg

9_1.jpg

I'm just finishing off another one of these at the moment also. I will try and get some better pics taken outside in daylight when both helmets are fully finished with decals and so on.

Thanks wakychimp for hosting,

Keith.

Wow - that looks really really good to me - :) :) :) - great work ...

You making those yourself (molds castings and stuff???) ???
If so, you could do some in white as well and make the AT AT Driver also - :D

I don't make these, all i have done is assemble it. The pics don't do it any justice though. I'll have to try and take some outside.

Keith.

Looking good. Always liked the TIE helmets better than the AT-AT helmets, though.

Any info on the maker and the price? You can pm me if you don't want to post it here. :)

Here is a picture from the bottom. As you can see there is no liner in it yet and i've not fitted the neck trim to the bottom of the face:
11_3.jpg

Keith.

Hot Damn...

That is a beautiful helmet... Nicely assembled too :thumbsup

Are the kits available to purchase? or are they a small run done by an enthusiast?

Cheers,

Kraig

Originally posted by AnsonJames@Mar 24 2006, 08:23 AM
Keith - awesome work mate.  It's the best assembly on this kit that I've seen and definately the best TIE helmet out there...
[snapback]1212242[/snapback]​

Well given the source was most probably the SDS I'd say second best ;)

Although its nice they put the mohawk right :lol

Cheers

Jez

If the source is an SDS why does it look so accurate?
I'm glad to say the maker of this particular helmet didn't waste any money on an SDS helmet and I know this for a fact.
Wouldn't the faceplate have the weird thing going on the tubes - just like the prototype helmets?
Wouldn't the trident look completely wrong?
It's not a copy from an SDS - actually it's very accurate. :lol

Originally posted by BingoBongo275+Mar 24 2006, 10:44 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BingoBongo275 @ Mar 24 2006, 10:44 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-AnsonJames
@Mar 24 2006, 08:23 AM
Keith - awesome work mate.  It's the best assembly on this kit that I've seen and definately the best TIE helmet out there...
[snapback]1212242[/snapback]​

Well given the source was most probably the SDS I'd say second best ;)

Although its nice they put the mohawk right :lol

Cheers

Jez
[snapback]1212262[/snapback]​
[/b]

hmmm...

I know this was previously denied but imo the key thing here is the unwillingness to reveal where the cast has come from in any way (cue SDS jibe here. :lol)

Bottom line is almost no one (TE aside) has the balls/finances to recast an existing piece, nor would take the risk to do so. This clearly doesnt derive from the TE source as the face shape is totally different. If it was cast from an original piece then surely the maker would want to advertise the provinance with images of the source?

IMO the lack of undercut (a clear fault with sds helmets) is a giveaway as the undercuts on the original TIE and trooper helmets were far greater. Sure its gone through some improvements with the side profile of the cheeks and mohawk but imo the source is clear.

Maybe therefore its best that we "agree to differ" on this like we did before.

Cheers

Jez

i thought 1 was made just to "see if it could be done", oh and you never did say how you were going to kill me if you told me where the master came from.

just my 2 euros

If you're going to Recast a faceplate why go to the trouble of spending $800 on something you're going to have to do so much work on - there's a ton of faceplates out there that don't have the 'flare' that cost a lot less.
I saw this helmet being created from the very start - the guy that made the helmet has never seen an SDS let alone bought one so I'm afraid you're completely incorrect about the origins of the faceplate - you can differ all you like mate. :lol

Originally posted by BingoBongo275@Mar 24 2006, 01:49 PM
hmmm...

I know this was previously denied but imo the key thing here is the unwillingness to reveal where the cast has come from in any way (cue SDS jibe here. :lol)

Bottom line is almost no one (TE aside) has the balls/finances to recast an existing piece, nor would take the risk to do so. This clearly doesnt derive from the TE source as the face shape is totally different. If it was cast from an original piece then surely the maker would want to advertise the provinance with images of the source?

IMO the lack of undercut (a clear fault with sds helmets) is a giveaway as the undercuts on the original TIE and trooper helmets were far greater. Sure its gone through some improvements with the side profile of the cheeks and mohawk but imo the source is clear.

Maybe therefore its best that we "agree to differ" on this like we did before.

Cheers

Jez
[snapback]1212293[/snapback]​

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back