Tie Pilot Black 3 "Backstabber" ID

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by merkava74, Jul 30, 2015.

1. merkava74

merkava74 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi, does anyone have a clearer picture of the ID that's painted on the mohawk of Black 3 pilot?

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance!

2. MCM

MCM Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

3. merkava74

Thanks. Yes I've seen that, but its not really clear. What I did was take the Sideshow 1/6 figure and traced the insignia on that onto my cutter. Here's the result.

[​IMG]

I was hoping if there was one of the insignia in its pristine condition. But I guess this will do.

4. mortifactor

mortifactor Well-Known Member

Sideshow play fast and loose with details like that, so if you want accuracy then watch out!

Dart likes this.
  5. division 6

division 6 Master Member

Wasn't that the helmet on display at SDCC?

6. jkno

jkno Master Member

This might help a bit

TIE Pilot Screen used 04.JPG TIE Pilot Screen used 02.jpg TIE Pilot Screen used 03.jpg

7. merkava74

Thanks jkno. Yes I have those photos too. But the insignia here has been worn out over the years. I am intending to replicate what it would have looked like pristine, and it seems the only reference is the screenshot, and the sideshow 1/6 figure for now. Unless someone else has a gem to share. :)

8. jkno

jkno Master Member

The last 2 photos are screenshots I took of a youtube video about this screen used helmet.