TIE FIGHTER 3D PRINTED

OK guys I have uploaded all the files to my Etsy shop for those that want to have a go at this; A hub for 3D printable STAR WARS files by IMPERIALPRINTHUB

I don't think u will get the wings on a Mars...even a Saturn is gonna be tough. I'm aiming to print everything on my prusa i3
Thought the Mars was optimistic! I had forgotten just how big a studio scale tie is! As long as i can do the detail parts in resin i'll be happy!

Good morning,
Files look great. I've checked and all will easily fit on my Phrozen Mighty 8K when it arrives. You can still print many of the files on the Saturn. Wings are a bit big for the Saturn, but seem okay on the Phrozen Mighty 4K. I did a quick slice and support. I'll wait and do them on the 8K, but I can do all the other parts on my Saturn and 4k. Can't wait to get started.
Cheers,
Kevin

Thanks Rockhopper...that's a very useful question - no, there are many parts. All of which do fit on a Prusa 13 mk3 but some parts can be resin printed.

So, inside are; Chair/Pilot/Steering yoke/Steering hub

TIE 20.jpg

Interior shell/Back door/Dashboard/HUD

TIE 21.jpg

Then the shell itself; Pylons/Shell front/Shell back/Lid/Base Plug/Window
TIE 22.jpg

TIE 23.jpg

Or u can print the whole shell but not have the interior shell;
TIE 26.jpg

Then the wings are 6 parts split along the ribs with an inner and outer Wingstar
TIE 24.jpg
TIE 25.jpg

I have everything printed now so I will show my build process as I go

Hmmm...I'm not sure printing the main sphere in 2 halves in resin is a good idea...resin tends to warp a bit and deform when it cures from soft to hard. Probably be fine printing the whole ball in one piece though. For me it will be just the greeblies.

Here's most of the parts printed;
20211001_083049.jpg
20211001_083250.jpg

So, got the main components assembled. My approach for attaching the wings was to have 2 bolts to fix the wings thru the pylons into the shell. The bolts can be cut to length and the washer and nut tightened to brace the whole thing together and then fit the outer wingstar

Oo8rRBGm.jpg
z6ydUQKm.jpg
JqzBQsEm.jpg

All feels pretty solid;
ge0xeCMl.jpg
HHXXamxl.jpg
tST99shl.jpg

I'm gonna hang it to display, once I've added the lights

does anyone have photos of how many parts the wings print out in? example, does it print 6 "pie" slices and then the middle struts, so it can all be assembled? I want to get this for myself, but need to make sure I have the printer bed size it will print on

does anyone have photos of how many parts the wings print out in? example, does it print 6 "pie" slices and then the middle struts, so it can all be assembled? I want to get this for myself, but need to make sure I have the printer bed size it will print on
Each wing consists of 12 panels.

Attachments

• 20211129_074529.jpg
    20211129_074529.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 80
  • 20211120_133846.jpg
    20211120_133846.jpg
    780.6 KB · Views: 74
  • 20211121_120349.jpg
    20211121_120349.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 77
  • 20211118_180527.jpg
    20211118_180527.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 74

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back