Thyrus - Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Sciguy

First of all, I have no idea what I'm doing. I've made prop swords and more basic staves, mostly out of MDF and PVC pipe, but this is my first time trying to make something so complex. I figured I'd try using EVA foam by gluing squares of the approximate size together to make a solid EVA block and then carving the "head" out of that. I'm at the point where I'm tracing the front face onto the side of the block and have started cutting that down. Once I'm done, I plan to somehow start carving out the profile, then I can start making all of the nice rounded edges. Not sure how I want o finish it yet. A little torn between giving a coating of Worbla or applying a few coats of an epoxy like Epsilon. Anyway, right now I'm focusing on the "head".

Oh great replica prop gurus, am I even remotely on the right track? My tools are fairly limited, which is why I went the EVA route. I also printed out a image scaled up to my size for measurement purposes. My only power tool is a Dremel 4200 model. Thoughts? Suggestions?

ffxiv-relic-white-mage-thyrus.png

3e36a311df85bf579079dad37fba0bf5544a26cd.jpg

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Snowfire

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Awesome idea, will look forward to it. As long as we don't have to fate grind to upgrade the weapon :lol

typeomega

i actually have to make one of these for my girlfriend for when she gos back to fanfest las vegas. white mage is her thing. also she says "i see your dark light claws and raise you a mustache"
Staff.what.jpg
cant wait to see how this turns out.

Attachments