THX Chrome Cops

Redbeard

I used the search feature but didn't come up with something. Has anybody ever made a replica of the chrome cops from THX 1138? Are the masks maybe found items?

Thanks,
Redbeard

I'm thinking of tackling this one as well. I have a lead for the helmet in Toronto - need to follow up. Haven't done too much research yet. Would love to get some more info :)

050612smthx1138ex9pb.jpg

n36721jt.jpg

Originally posted by Run Runner@Mar 1 2006, 03:54 PM
I think someone did this for Dragon Con last year.
[snapback]1196739[/snapback]​

Gaffer did it. He doesn't really post here ever. He custom sculpted a mask to fit a head cast of himself. The sculpt was vacuformed and run 'n'buffed for the metalic finish. He did a great job. He got the leathers made out of state to fit him and had vinyl deals made for the helmet.
I'm not sure if he ever would sell any vac chells or not...I think this may be the type of thing that is best done custom.

Are there any pictures from the costume? I imagine one could do the mask from tranparent plastik and the polarize it....

Red

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back